Claims Assistant (Lexington)
Compensation: $73,210.00 - $101,410.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Armour Risk Management, Inc. is a growing and dynamic business operating in the global insurance and reinsurance market, focusing on the United States, UK, Continental Europe, and Bermuda.
We operate in the Property & Casualty (P&C) market covering the non-life sector of the insurance market. We currently have offices in the US, Bermuda and the UK including Hamilton, Philadelphia, and London. We have ambitious expansion plans and look to recruit determined and enthusiastic people to our hard-working team.
The Claims Assistant position provides clerical and/or customer service and phone support to the Claims department, including processing of financial transactions related to payment of claims and expenses. Under direct supervision of the Claims Operations Supervisor, processes payments for assigned claims.
This position is located in our Quincy, MA office.
Key Tasks & Objectives
- Verifies policy information and processes payment for assigned claims as appropriate
- Prepares and processes claim and expense payments for the claim department
- Completes data entry and initial file setup for new claims
- Interacts with customers to obtain loss information as well as respond to customer inquiries
- Anticipates and meets all customer needs (internal and external)
- Handles various administrative tasks as required
Key Technical Skills, Knowledge, Professional Qualifications
- High School diploma required
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience and knowledge and/or insurance courses are necessary, as well as the ability to interpret insurance policies
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office and Outlook
Key Personal Skills Required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented, maintain a high level of accuracy and provide follow-through on projects
- Must have the ability to positively and professionally interact with internal and external customers especially via telephone and email
- Must have the ability to maintain confidential information
- Additional hours may be required during busy periods.
Armour offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) with a generous match, and paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: auto, bodily, claim adjuster, claim examiner, claim investigator, damage, fraud, investigate, investigation, liability
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...