SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (4552)
Compensation: $82,460.00 - $162,260.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
The Special Education Teacher will be responsible for planning and implementing developmentally appropriate classroom activities in an innovative educational setting based on established performance standards and best practices.
- Serve as a collaborative leader of the classroom team providing instruction in a variety of settings, uses effective instructional techniques customized to individual student's goals and objectives; provides appropriate instruction to other classroom staff.
- Effectively organizes classroom environment, instructional materials, and schedule to match and maximize learning, including maintaining clean and organized work and common areas.
- Utilize appropriate assessment tools and ongoing data collection to (a) to develop and implement goals and objectives for each child, (b) to measure and communicate present level of performance, and (c) to make referrals as necessary.
- Adhere to the school philosophy regarding behavior management and implements all relevant techniques appropriately.
- Understand his/her role in language and communication facilitation and appropriately utilizes techniques for each child.
- Conducts or participates in all activities and meetings relevant to the position or required by supervisor (e.g., Initial and Annual Reviews; Parent/Teacher Conferences, Open School Night, Home Visits, Parent Center meetings; Team, Department and Classroom Meetings, etc.).
- Complies with regulatory requirements and school policy and procedures in all areas, and completes and submits within designated timeframes all necessary documentation for regulatory and funding agencies.
- Maintains appropriate and effective interpersonal relationships with team and department members, parents, other staff, supervisors, administrators, and outside agencies. Demonstrates:
Open communication, flexibility and the ability to learn and utilize team building strategies
The ability to self-evaluate, to utilize supervision and problem solve
The ability to both offer and accept assistance to/from others
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in Special Education or Early Childhood Education
1-3 years of classroom experience in a Special Education setting. Classroom or clinical experience (one year) with school-age children with special needs is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Certificates & Licenses
Must be NYS certified in B-2 Students with Disabilities
Associated topics: aide, autism, behavior health, behavioral analysis, behavioral health, impair, mental health, special education, special education nurse, special need education
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...