Job Description: Senior CNC Service Engineer Hands on manager with up to 30% international and national travel. Most travel will be throughout Illinois however occasional International travel will be required in South America & Canada. Senior CNC Service Engineer will reside around the Schaumburg, IL area. Starting base salary $90,000 plus bonuses and benefits. Responsibilities
- Supervise the day to day operation of the Service Business to ensure that the operation is within standards to deliver a superior experience to our customers.
- Manage up to 5 field service engineers contractors.
- Ensure prompt and efficient telephone or on-site response to field requests for technical assistance needed to resolve problems and complaints.
- Maintain liaison between service and business unit.
- Track various performance criteria and attendance policies to include scheduling, vacations, pay roll and hours worked.
- Track various performance criteria and attendance policies for Contractors to include scheduling, vacations, pay roll and hours worked.
- Responsible for hiring and training of new employees as well as conducting onboarding programs
- Receive, investigate and resolve customer and field inquiries relating to but not limited to service performance, product quality, parts quality.
- Plan monthly meeting agendas and facilitate monthly management meetings.
- Obtain extensive product knowledge of the entire product line, accessories, parts and their relationship to specific devices and systems in order to converse on the required levels.
- Work with all necessary divisions and departments within the corporation to meet its business objectives.
- Ensure service readiness. Determine product needs for spare parts, special service tools, service training and intelligent machine design from a service point of view.
- 5 + years in Technical or engineering related field
- 2 + years demonstrated proficiency as a Manager
- 2 + years people management experience with a proven track record of performance management skills
- Fanuc, Siemens Experience
- Machine Tool Knowledge - Mills, Lathes, turning centers
- Machine Tool Component Knowledge
- Up to 30% travel possible
Associated topics: automatic, cad, cnc, cnc fabricating, composite laminator, computer aided manufacturing, computer numeric control, computer aided design, precision machining, programming