Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quads state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, youll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Position is available on the following shift:
3rd shift Monday through Friday 11:00 P.M. - 7:00 A.M.
Supervise bindery, finishing, and press employees in accordance with plant policies and procedures. Provide smooth production operations during shift, ensuring production schedules are met. Adjust crews to maintain the proper Productivity, Quality, and Labor balance. Ensure a safe work environment is offered to every employee. Employee engagement, morale, and support of every employees career training and path are paramount.
1. Supervise production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures, meeting schedule demands and machine performance metrics.
2. Provide a safe working environment for all employees, including insuring a clean and safe work area.
3. Audit equipment and production floor for safety, quality and productivity concerns, and correct as necessary.
4. Train, coach, engage production line employees.
5. Provide employees with clear expectations and feedback.
6. Hold employees responsible and accountable for their performance.
7. Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, and coverage for absent employees.
8. Conduct employee performance reviews.
9. Coordinate with Manager and Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
10. Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
11. Responsible to meet shift production goals.
12. Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
13. Communicate with other Shift Supervisors, Department Managers, Business Area Leaders, and other leaders in other departments.
14. Complete shift paper work, and daily payroll entry.
15. Assist in production as necessary.
16. Willing and able to work overtime as necessary, to include weekends.
17. Other duties as assigned.
At least 3 years supervisory experience including ability to train, develop and provide guidance to staff.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Working knowledge of print production process from start to finish.
At least 3 years experience as a press or finishing operator.
Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communication.
Ability to lift up to 70 pounds required.
Additional Company Information
We offer competitive pay rates and excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Companys policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace