Home Health Aides Greenfield area
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
2019-1349# of Openings:
Home Health Aids (HHA)Job Type:
The Home Health Aide (HHA) is responsible for providing personal care and related, appropriate housekeeping activities to patients in their homes under the guidance and supervision of the clinician responsible for the patient, as well as working with other members of the team.
- Assist patients with bathing, toileting, dressing, shampooing, feeding, shaving, mouth care, etc.
- Assist patients with moving in and out of bed, bath, wheelchair or automobile
- Assist with simple exercise programs, application of prostheses and braces, ambulation and transfer activities (including use of assistive devices) and accompanying patient out of doors
- Application of supportive aides, such as slings and elastic stockings
- Temperature, pulse, respiration, Catheter, cannula care and ostomy assist
- Assist with medications normally self-administered or remind patient as directed by the primary care nurse
- Planning, shopping and preparing meals accordingly to prescribed diet
- Light housekeeping activities, such as changing bed linens, laundry and cleaning as necessary to maintain a healthy environment
- Accompany patients to the physician or clinic, etc., when part of the care plan and approved by direct supervisor
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress or problems to report to and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
Company OverviewWhy Choose The Overlook Visiting Nurses Association
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Home Health Aide Certificate required
- Must possess a valid MA driver's license and reliable transportation
- Successful completion of the Home Health Aide Competency Exam with a minimum overall score of 80% and minimum 80% in each section required
*This position is a Homecare position*
- The Overlook offers a great working environment and each employee's contribution is valued as an important member of our care team.
- Our Innovative Outcome Based Operational model rated # 1 in Central MA and among the Top 5 in the State in Quality of Care, Clinical Outcomes and Customer Satisfaction.
- Our tailor made Plans of Care are aimed to address patient specific clinical needs without restricting amount of services provided.
- We partner with referral sources to support their operation and help them to overcome their challenges.
- We offer excellent employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. A 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and paid time off for all employees hired for 24 hours or more starting Day One of your employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage all applicants of all ages.
Loading some great jobs for you...