RN Hospice Case Manager Springfield/Greenfield
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
2019-1381# of Openings:
Nursing - (RN/LPN)Department:
Nursing (RN/LPN)Job Type:
The Hospice Case Manager is responsible for the provision of all patient care services assigned to them and develops the plan of care in accordance with the attending physician and the Interdisciplinary Team. Coordinates patient care from admission to discharge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care of Hospice patients/families.
- Obtains data on the physical, psychosocial, spiritual and other factors that may influence the patient/family health status and incorporates the data into the plan of care.
- Communicates with physicians, members of the Hospice Interdisciplinary team and other agencies to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient/family.
- Maintains regular communications with the Hospice leadership to review care.
- Attends the Interdisciplinary Team meeting and other patient conferences as deemed necessary.
- Functions as a liaison between all disciplines providing care.
- Maintains the patient medical record and other documentation in accordance with agency standards. Records problems, plans, actions and goals accurately and concisely in the patient record so that changes are reflected as they occur.
- Receives phone calls from patients, their families, physicians, health and other service providers, medical suppliers, payors and hospice employee members for purposes of facilitating timely and appropriate provision of patient services and maintenance of communication/exchange of information.
- Coordinates patient care by all service disciplines in all service settings.
- Conducts joint field visits with hospice employees, as appropriate or requested.
- Conducts Hospice Home Health Aide supervisions.
- Assists with orientation of new hospice employees.
- Assists in planning and coordination of in-services for hospice employees.
- Shares on-call responsibility.
- Participates in quality management and safety activities.
- Performs duties according to the standards of nursing practice.
- Adheres to policies and procedures set forth by the agency.
- Performs other duties as required.
Company OverviewWhy Choose The Overlook Visiting Nurses Association
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Massachusetts
- Experience in nursing; home care or hospice experience preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment in the Hospice philosophy of care
- Current valid driver's license
- 24 hour access to a motor vehicle
*This position is a Homecare position*
- The Overlook offers a great working environment and each employee's contribution is valued as an important member of our care team.
- Our Innovative Outcome Based Operational model rated # 1 in Central MA and among the Top 5 in the State in Quality of Care, Clinical Outcomes and Customer Satisfaction.
- Our tailor made Plans of Care are aimed to address patient specific clinical needs without restricting amount of services provided.
- We partner with referral sources to support their operation and help them to overcome their challenges.
- We offer excellent employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. A 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and paid time off for all employees hired for 24 hours or more starting Day One of your employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage all applicants of all ages.
Loading some great jobs for you...