A public/private Alliance to provide an employer-funded, jointly-administered National Labor Exchange
What is the NLX?
The NLX is an unprecedented public-private partnership between DirectEmployers Association (DE) and the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA). The NLX was created in 2007 and leverages private non-profit-owned technology and existing state workforce agency resources. The NLX, through US.jobs, is the prime source of delivery for quality, vetted jobs to state job banks and to our nation's veterans' representatives daily.
What is the goal of the NLX?
The NLX mission is to help create a cost-effective system that improves labor market efficiency and reflects our nation's diverse workforce.
How does it work?
The NLX, through US.jobs, gathers currently available and unduplicated job opportunities from verified employers and pushes that content into state workforce agency sites, as well as multiple .JOBS sites, to reach a maximum number of job seekers. Through US.jobs, the NLX collects and distributes job openings exclusively found on over 9,000 corporate career websites and from the state job banks. Since 2007, the NLX has made available over 13 million job openings, from some 150,000 employers of all sizes and industries. NLX continues to increase job openings by adding new, vetted employers daily. The NLX network aims to collect all real job openings in the market, however, this effort is not about creating a single outlet for all jobs. Capitalizing on today's job seeker behavior the NLX places quality job feeds in the hands of trusted partners whose goal is to facilitate the labor exchange. Regardless of where a job seeker discovers an NLX job opening, they will be returned to the point of origination: either the corporate website or the state workforce agency.
- All state workforce agencies are participating NLX members.
- The NLX allows state job banks to seamlessly receive and exchange job openings collected by either state agency staff or US.jobs technology.
- US.jobs does not spider third party sites, job boards, etc., in order to avoid duplication, spam, and expired links. This provides a better user experience and employment outcomes.
- All employers are vetted and verified by the NLX or state workforce staff.
- All job openings are unduplicated and currently available.
- Job feeds are refreshed and shared with states daily. The previous day's file is eliminated and replaced with a new one – ensuring currency of jobs.
- States have the flexibility to select what jobs they would like to upload and download.
Benefits to state agencies:
- All labor exchange services are free to state workforce agency customers both job seekers, employers, state workforce agencies, and federal partners.
- Provides free hosting services for state job banks. States that are hosted on the .JOBS platform are seeing a dramatic increase in job seeker traffic.
- State hosted sites on the .JOBS platform are: (1) Search Engine Optimized (SEO); (2) Mobile ready; (3) Social sharing enabled.
- Provides an electronic bridge for state job banks to share job orders with one another.
- All job orders are O*NET coded when downloaded by the state job banks.
- Job indexing solutions that can be offered to local employers in the states. This is not only a "value added" service for local employers, but increases efficiencies for state workforce personnel.
- Provides analytics including transactional data, job seeker search information, traffic patterns, and market share.
The National Labor Exchange's provided technology, formally located at JobCentral.com, is now located at www.US.jobs. Only jobs from legitimate employers can be listed as part of National Labor Exchange, therefore, fake job listings or non-employment business opportunities are not allowed on US.jobs. The move to www.US.jobs is a natural fit in more ways than one. First, it is short, memorable, and describes exactly what the site is, a national database of jobs. Second, the .JOBS extension works much like .EDU or .GOV, a restricted zone where not just anyone can set up shop thus adding to the trust factor that embodies the National Labor Exchange.
NLX Operations & Staff
4212 Compliance Solution
Exclusively endorsed by NASWA