Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the Role:
1010data is searching for a dynamic, operations-focused Director, Strategy & Operations reporting to the CEO. The Director, Strategy & Operations will ensure the timely and accurate completion of multiple strategic initiatives occurring simultaneously. The person in this role will be responsible for providing analytical support, consulting and cross-functional implementation leadership for key strategic initiatives. As the CEO's trusted partner, the role requires a highly resourceful individual with a strong business background who must display emotional intelligence, be a creative thinker, and an influential collaborator, with exceptional analytical skills.
In this role, you will gain hands-on experience in how to run a SaaS company. This role will give you a front-row seat in how a company leadership team works. The role has tremendous career growth opportunity, with the prospect to evolve into an indispensable member of the executive team.
The successful candidate will minimize customer disruption, and enhance customer perception of the company's value proposition, including products and services.
* Note: this is a \"roll up your sleeves\" organizational role; the successful candidate is expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
What you will take on:
* Identify and lead cross-functional, high-impact projects as directed by the CEO (e.g. pricing, cloud migration, M&A, etc) * Work with and coordinate among effected functional executives * Implement, coordinate, and improve software company best practices, across all functional areas
* Create a playbook to drive execution of strategies into action * Manage and complete the successful implementation of strategic initiatives that enable revenue growth and/or accelerate company profitability and efficiency * Determine, track, and report metrics that measure the successful implementation of various strategic projects and initiatives * Act as a surrogate for the CEO in attending important meetings, calls or events that the CEO is not able to attend * Proactive identification of issues that could impact the success of the company and work with leadership in resolving such issues * Identify and elevate those issues about which the CEO should be aware and framing/positioning ideas to resolve the problem/mitigate the risk. * Act as the company representative and voice of the CEO with external parties to resolve these issues and mitigate risk (e.g. Be the executive lead responsible for de-risking strategic customers at risk * Partner with the CEO and CFO on any post-M&A activities to drive acquisition integration * Coordinate interactions amongst and support to the CEO and executive leadership team as needed (e.g. lead on setting agendas for executive offsites and establish communication cadence)
* Act as portfolio company point of contact for interactions with the parent company, including all strategic initiatives * Coordinate board meeting preparation * Assist leadership team in the development of content and effective communication
What you will bring:
Requirements and Skills:
* Bachelor's degree; MBA highly preferred * 6-8 years of experience in increasingly responsible positions in consulting at firms like Bain, BCG or McKinsey * Operations experience with multiple assignments involving Mergers & Acquisition integration; software industry experience strongly preferred * Demonstrated competency with implementing business processes and activity-based metrics involving leading success indicators * Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and flexible * Ability to work cross functionally and build team processes * Experience working across matrixed organizations * Solid project management skills, having managed and successfully delivered multiple, complex projects on-time and on-budget * Established business and financial acumen * Robust analytical and quantitative skills, as well as attention to detail * Resilient in the face of competing demands and conflicts * Demonstrated success in a high pressure, dynamic, fast-paced environment * Proficient ability to drive change in a matrixed environment * Executive presence, relationship building, strong decision-making skills * Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present to executive management and board of directors * Open to travel
1010data makes big data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to run analyses on trillions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world's top companies including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, Sam's Club, Nespresso, Barnes & Noble, and RiteAid; the 1010data platform is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for big data discovery and data sharing.
With petabytes of data in our private and public clouds, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: b2b, business intelligence, business technology, client, franchise, franchise owner, intelligence, sales, strategic, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.