7Park Data, a Vista Equity portfolio company, is the leading data intelligence provider to businesses around the world. Our data and products power the insights for decision-making at the world's largest investment firms and companies across multiple industries.
This role provides strategic oversight and leadership to the company's risk control environment with focus on legal and compliance infrastructure, workflows, planning and execution. In partnership with the executive team, this role will guide key business decisions from the legal and compliance point of view to ensure risk mitigation while maximizing the business opportunity. This role regularly interfaces with marquee businesses across many industries both from the client and vendor sides.
* Design and initiate continuous improvement/alignment of contractual frameworks governing all the company's business relationships.
* Negotiate, draft, and execute key agreements including data, software and other subscription services.
* Research industry practices and emerging topics to inform company's risk management framework, and implement change agent to address evolving business and regulatory practices.
* Oversee and execute compliance framework (focus on data rights and securities trading), including development and enhancement of internal processes and procedures and training/education.
* Advise and support legal work on various corporate transactions customary of private-equity backed growth company.
Required Skills & Experience
* Juris Doctorate from a top law school required.
* 5-10 years of experience between major law firm and small/medium size business focusing on above topics.
* Adaptable and flexible in a complex, changing environment.
* Provide vision, solutions oriented approach, and multi-dimensional problem solving.
7Park Data transforms data to revolutionize business decisions.
Leveraging machine learning, entity extraction and linking, and predictive models, we transform unstructured information into contextualized Leading Performance Indicators for thousands of public and private companies. Our clients are the most sophisticated investment firms and Fortune 500 corporations who depend on 7Park Data to guide benchmarking, forecasting and product development.
7Park Data offers the Avenue Suite, a collection of dashboards providing clients and partners with on- demand access to our report library, commentary from domain experts, and custom queries and visualizations
Avenue I/O, our developer site, is a suite of APIs, SDKs and tools for data scientists, quantitative analysts, and data owners who want access to cleansed, mapped, normalized data and user-level panels to build their own models. Avenue I/O provides open source tools to quickly and easily build analytical products powered by our APIs.
7Park Data was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in New York City.
For more information, please visit www.7parkdata.com.
Associated topics: attorney, business, company, corporate, court, courtroom, lawyer, legal, llp, market