- $106,990.00 -148,540.00/year*
116 E Main St
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. We are looking to appoint an R&D Product Engineer to Support the EPSP (Smart Power) Business at our site in Plainville, CT. Displaying strong leadership skills and demonstrable experience in design, quality, safety and compliance, and new product development and implementation.
* Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* ? The R&D Product Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and manufacturing implementation of engineering programs that meet business standards and program / product requirements.
* ? Design, develop, analyze, and document product designs which meet the functional, cost, reliability, manufacturability, and safety requirements of the customer or market.
* ? Demonstrate conformance to Product Technical Specifications and international standards using Design for Six Sigma and Design for Reliability methodologies. Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
* ? Create and maintain technical documentation for all design work and present material for technical review including but not limited to tolerance loops, drawings, bill of materials, product cost, problem and action lists, risk management, and Failure root cause analysis reviews.
* ? Execute designs with solid modeling software (PTC Creo / Windchill) to create models, assemblies, detailed drawings, and BOMs for designs which may include plastic, stamped metal, and electrically conductive parts.
* ? Support manufacturing implementation of products through Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
* Basic Qualifications:
* ? Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 2 years design experience OR High School Diploma and a minimum of 25 years experience.
* Preferred Qualifications:
* ? Experience with Bill of Materials generation
* ? Experience in Mechanical design related to electrical components or equipment
* ? Knowledge of certification standards for electrical equipment (UL, IEC, IEEE)
* ? Previous experience with automated generation of Bill of Materials
* ? Proven record of engineering analysis and design execution success
* ? Experience on thermal, stress, structural and short circuit, and analysis, using Pro-E as modeling tool
* ? LEAN/Six Sigma - Green Belt certified
* ? Circuit Breaker, Switchgear, Controls, Power Panels or other Electro-Mechanical design and testing experience
* ? Proven ability to analyze test data and solve design issues
* ? Willingness to take on challenging assignments and ability to work within time constraints
* ? Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to influence and drive change/results
* ? Takes ownership and drives results
* ? Must possess a high level of motivation and resourcefulness working in an open environment
* ? Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
Associated topics: adapter, design, diagram, dsp, electric, electrical engineer, image processing, kv, lighting, wind
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...