We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Quality Inspector. This position is responsible to perform quality control inspection activities.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
- Perform product inspections and document results against specification and procedural requirements.
- Document non-conformances as appropriate.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Recommends changes to streamline manufacturing workflow
Your experience(s), education and knowledge:
- High School degree required.
- 2 plus year prior inspection experience
- Knowledge of Quality Systems, FDA regulations, ISO 13485 and applicable worldwide regulatory requirements.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- 2 plus year prior medical device experience preferred
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.