The primary objective of the Field Force Effectiveness organization is to support Market Access Sales and Marketing by providing analyses, tools, business processes, training programs, communications, and information that drive and/or enhance sales force effectiveness. Three specific functional areas within Sales Planning include include: Alignment, Call Planning and iRep Management. Alignment:
Responsible for providing guidance and analytics to the sales organization on both the design and the implementation of the sales force to optimize the allocation of sales resources. The Alignment function develops, implements and maintains alignment changes for all U.S. Commercial field forces. The Alignment function also provides appropriate recommendations and manages the process of designing and implementing major sales force realignments utilizing internal resources or through vendor management. Call Planning:
Works with sales and marketing management, vendors, other internal commercial analysis teams, and systems teams to develop and publish optimized call plans to various U.S. Commercial Operations field forces multiple times a year. Call Plans are based on complex statistical models, and identify the most profitable mix of targets to call on, taking into account target profiles and responsiveness to detailing and other variables. iRep Management:
Act as Liaison between Commercial Operations, IT/BTS, Training, OEC, Legal, Med/Reg and Franchise teams to oversee the design, deployment, training, and communications of the Field Force Automation Tool. Works with sales and marketing management, vendors, other internal commercial analysis teams, and systems teams to optimize iRep systems to collect pertinent data that can be used to provide insights into Market Access field teams' activity and effectiveness with targeted customers. Key Qualifications include:
- Possesses a deep understanding of department level processes and policies. Maintains a broad understanding of departmental business rules, data sets, and business processes and interdependencies across Sales Ops departments.
- Leverages an in-depth knowledge of analysis and/or operations methodologies to identify and implement appropriate approaches to address and solve business problems. Possesses a deep understanding of applications needed to implement the methodologies (e.g., ACCESS, Excel, SPSS).
- Demonstrates critical thinking as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills resulting in the ability to anticipate customer and business needs and address questions or issues. Demonstrates an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple, yet compelling fashion to a wide range of partners.
- Possesses subject matter expertise. Shares successful strategies, best practices, and lessons learned with functional counterparts (e.g., peers and management).
- Utilizes understanding of sales force goals, structure, issues and strategic direction to partner internally or externally with teams to develop and support sales force tactics.
- Leverages in-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical industry data and critical thinking skills to resolve business problems more efficiently and effectively.
- Meets with Franchise Liaison and/ or Sales and Marketing Management on a regular basis to understand strategic and tactical issues, review research plans, and negotiate priorities.
- Designs innovative solutions (e.g., work plans) that add value and meet current and future business requirements. Uses comprehensive and complex design methodologies.
- Anticipates factors and constraints that may affect timeline, sets project priorities and manages resource needs. Develops mitigation plans as needed.
- Independently manages projects within specified budget and timeframes.
- Independently identifies opportunities and implements solutions to lower operating expenses and/or increased productivity.
- Ensures vendor-assisted projects are managed within budget and timeline and appropriate methodologies are employed.
- Drives results and recommendations of projects to product teams, sales management and Senior Management in a timely manner. Makes formal presentations to these constituents.
- Manages all aspects of vendor relationships on a day-to-day basis.
- BA, BS degree required. BA/BS required to ensure effective understanding and application of business concepts.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP).
- 5+ years analytical and/or commercial operations experience required preferably in the healthcare industry, including experience in project management (including leadership of a significant cross-functional project), marketing or sales operations or information technology.
- Extensive understanding of pharmaceutical field sales activities, roles and behaviors.
- Understanding and experience working directly with pharmaceutical sales data sources.
- Excellent business acumen, understanding of Compliance, Legal, Med/Reg drivers and guidance.
- Experience in developing, deploying, and managing effective IT systems, quality control procedures, and comfort in directing low level analytics.
- Problem-solving orientation; ability to work independently. Experience working with management personnel to solve problems and identify/sell/implement solutions. Must exhibit proficiency commensurate with grade in the following competencies: adaptability, teamwork, initiative, innovation, integrity, analytics, leadership, strategic thinking, drive for results, and communication.
- A proven track record of success in transforming data into powerful information for sales/marketing management required.
- Knowledgeable of a variety of PC programs (including, but not limited to Excel, Access, PowerPoint) that can solve various problems. Demonstrated database and project management skills.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Master's degree in Business or Science preferred.
- Veeva/Salesforce.com experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the \"essence\" and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.