Channel Marketing Manager, Target (Salem)
Compensation: $132,500.00 - $132,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Channel Marketing Manager to support Target in Kettering, Ohio or Lake Zurich, Illinois.
As a member of the ACCO Brands U.S. Sales team, this role will work with sales to engage the customer early on with new products while identifying gaps and opportunities as appropriate to ensure the greatest success rate. Given the nature of this functional area, there is considerable linkage between the marketing function of the organization in addition to key channel customer interaction. This role reports to the Sales Team Lead.Job Responsibilities:
- Strategic Focus
- A clear understanding of the account, their strategies, consumers and competition
- Actively contribute to early-phase sales account strategy and planning to create opportunities for retailer ecosystem
- Research and drive new channel opportunities aligned to our priorities
- Establish and maintain peer and senior leader relationships, both internal and external, across critical business functions
- Ability to work with category management, market research and POS data to determine market and product strategies
- Partners with sales on the marketing, merchandising and promotions needed in support of driving sales of corporate brands
- Monitors competitive product and trend performance to ensure the development of products and programs that will maximize the potential for appropriate accounts
- Project Management
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Be the glue that is able to understand, plan, and manage the cross-team inter-dependencies
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Communicate project challenges and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Communicate channel milestones and status to key stakeholders within our company
- Leads weekly customer meetings with cross-functional teams
- Profitable Sales Growth
- Achieve or exceed established sales targets for new and established businesses
- Partner with sales to develop annual joint business plan with customer
- Develop and execute promotional plans to achieve growth targets within budget
- Use available team and functional resources including category management, sales finance, supply chain and product marketing to improve results
- Lead the P&L process for account and manage approvals
- Includes working with cross-functional team members to provide cost targets, forecasts, merchandising costs, and O&A/program elements
- Powerpoint specialist
- Coordinates presentation materials, samples, product slides and concept boards necessary for specific account meetings
- Develops up front strategy slides based on market trends, POS performance and new products
- Works with sales representatives in preparing for and participating in customer sales presentations
- Confidently articulate our strategies, brands and products at the item level
- Delivering an attention-grabbing presentation
- Summarizing key points at the conclusion
- Fielding questions to clarify points
- Ability to solicit, collect, and analyze feedback after the presentation
- Provide clear and detailed next steps to cross-functional teams following presentation
- Bachelor degree is required, preferably in Business, Marketing, or a related area of study
- 5- 7 years of experience in a marketing or sales role is required, preferably with a consumer products company
- Excellent oral and written communications skills - must be comfortable presenting to accounts and senior leadership
- Strategic reasoning and critical thinking - analyze wide range of inputs, identify opportunities, develop strategy
- Ideal candidate must have the ability to work cross functionally within a matrix organization; influencing decisions, driving the business and inspiring cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to build rapport, credibility and influence across multiple teams and stakeholders to get results
- Deep expertise in go-to-market strategies across retailer (financial thresholds, operations, sales, partners) and marketing (product, digital, environments, customers, design) facets
- You are resourceful, resilient, adaptable, and results-oriented with high energy and positive attitude
- Strong analytical skills and must be detail oriented and self-motivated
- Strong project management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel is required - approximately 25%
- Local Candidates Only
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star notebook, a Swingline stapler, a Quartet dry erase board, or a Kensington computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at .
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...