Effectively respond to and manage provider service requests and inquiries by accurately applying knowledge of business, products, provider business practices and operation. Successfully influence business results by establishing and maintaining effective provider relationships, ensuring a high degree of productivity and quality. Build fluency in multiple product lines.
- Answer, resolve, track and document telephone calls to the Provider Assistance Center in a timely and professional manner. Communicate effectively with internal departments and external customers regarding provider concerns and research and resolve issues as appropriate. Educate providers on policies and procedures related to our health care programs.
- Research and resolve all provider written inquiries through knowledge of contracts, policies, and procedures.
- Identify trends/issues that emerge in calls/correspondence, and inform Team Lead or Supervisor. Assist in the development and communication of resolutions to internal staff, as requested. Identify and recommend process improvements to support positive provider experience.
- Demonstrate and maintain a thorough and complete working knowledge of appropriate information management systems and ACD telephone system.
- Maintain good working relationships and open communication with internal and external customers.
- Attend department and other meetings as requested.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Two-year degree in health related or liberal arts field and medical coding knowledge/certification preferred.
Minimum of one to two years experience in a healthcare setting, including: a physician's office, health insurance/HMO, or other community agency. Minimum of two years customer service experience required, preference given to candidates with call center experience. Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
Associated topics: assist, client, front desk, information technology, information technology analyst, service, support analyst, systems administrator, technical, technician i