Under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager is responsible for providing a great guest experience while serving delicious food that is rooted in the New Nordic Cuisine philosophy. Must provide leadership over the Front-of-House (FOH) team to serve delicious and safe food to our guests while meeting or exceeding our business objectives. Additionally, the Assistant General Manager will be involved in maintaining and developing the restaurant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the General Manager to maintain appropriate pars of all food, beverage and service ware items including disposable items for the restaurant.
- Serves exciting, innovative, and delicious food and beverages.
- Solicits feedback from the team to continuously drive operational improvements.
- Responsible for building relationships with guests and develops close relations with regulars ; introduces him or herself to guests to initiate frequent written and verbal correspondence with all guests.
- Maintains effective and timely communication with all FOH team members and Back-of-House (BOH team).
- Collaborates with all Managers and Chefs and maintains a positive working relationship throughout service periods.
- Understands and maintains all Information Technology Systems (Micros, Compeat, Open Table, HotSchedules, etc.) and all social media related to the restaurant.
- Communicates to the team all company promotions on a daily basis, adjustments to menu, and events scheduled.
- Develops all schedules and rotations; adjusts or balances the staffing levels in order to control labor costs without sacrificing Guest service.
- Ensures adherence to all cost control procedures and ensures all team members understand and follow these procedures.
- Monitors full Team Member compliance associated with the responsibility of food handling and serving alcohol.
- Handles all guest concerns and complaints.Maintains a visible presence on the floor and interact with Guest and Team Members during peak business periods.
- Takes the lead on interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members.
- Cross-trains Team Members so that there is operational flexibility to assign individuals based on business needs.
- Properly edits payroll for accurate processing of paychecks.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A business degree or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of (5) years of experience in a leadership position in a comparable restaurant, or experience in an ambitious fine dining restaurant is required.