SYNOPSIS OF THE ROLE:
In cooperation with the Chef De Cuisine, the Sous Chef is responsible for providing delicious food rooted in the New Nordic Cuisine philosophy. Must provide leadership over the culinary team to prepare delicious and safe food to our patrons while meeting or exceeding our business objectives. Additionally, he/she will be engaged in sourcing and developing a wide range of products.
- Creates exciting, innovative, and delicious food.
- Participates in team communication and development to elevate the knowledge of staff and inspires them to provide delicious food and great guest service within the context of our organizational culture.
- Trains and supervises all kitchen staff in proper procedures, cooking methods and sanitation of all foods.
- Monitors all aspects of food service on a daily basis in assigned area to ensure quality, sanitary preparation and presentation.
- Develops, implements and adheres to all sanitation guidelines. Is responsible for an A rating from the Health Department
- Maintains accurate recipes and works closely with purchasing to keep all systems up to date.
- Orders supplies as needed.
If this sounds like you, then please contact us for more information or apply to join our team!
More detail about Agern Restaurant part of MeyersUSA, please visit
Associated topics: baker, cafe, commercial kitchen, corporate, corporate kitchen, culinary, culinary school, executive, head chef, salad chef