- $192,290.00 -192,290.00/year*
21 Warren St
Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to accommodation and travel. We are creating highly local, personal and meaningful experiences for our host and guest community around the world. We develop products that connect millions of travelers with local hosts around the world to provide an authentic travel experience.
The Lux team was created when Airbnb acquired Montreal-based Luxury Retreats in 2017. Our mission is to become the most recognized and trusted brand providing unparalleled world-class travel service. We have the unique opportunity to help people experience the most memorable and mind-blowing trips to the world's finest destinations. While still a fairly new team, we'll be aggressively growing this part of the business. We aim to increase both supply and bookings 10x over the next three years across both Airbnb and LuxuryRetreats.com.
About Guest Experience
Our Montreal-based operations team handles every aspect of our guest experience; booking the perfect beachside villa, planning a detailed itinerary, and supporting on-trip requests. They ensure our guests have the most seamless and delightful experience throughout this entire process. Our guests expect nothing less than world-class service, and it's our privilege to exceed their expectations.
If you've planned a trip for yourself or a group of friends, you're familiar with the time and effort it takes to coordinate the dates, transportation, arrival times, dinner reservations, activities, and so much more. Now imagine a concierge team planning this entire trip for you. Today's process requires tremendous effort and communication between the guest and concierge team. The Guest Experience team (comprised of Product, Design, Research, Engineering and Data Science) will create brand new products that streamline the entire planning process for both our guests and operational teams. They will invent the future of luxury travel and concierge service through technology while still maintaining close and personal relationships with our customers.
About the Role
You will be responsible for understanding and improving every step of the luxury travel experience, from initial planning to on-trip customer support. You'll work closely with research and operations to identify the biggest opportunities and build empathy for our guests and concierge team. Their pain points become yours.
One example would be eliminating the many back-and-forth emails required to request a private chef, grocery stocking, or childcare services. You'll build new products that allows guests to book these services with far less effort and human interaction (unless they request it!). You'll be responsible for defining and achieving key metrics related to both customer satisfaction and operational efficiency. You'll inspire your team with a clear vision, build consensus, manage a roadmap, maintain velocity and ship products that improve all aspects of the travel experience.
* Establish vision for a product team. Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome.
* Create clear goals for the team. Efficiently execute to ship product and deliver impact for our business and users.
* Lead large, cross-functional groups of people to deliver on the team's mission. Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
* Understand user needs; identifies and defines product requirements.
* Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution.
* Lead the ideation, research, design, development and launch of user-centric products.
* Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health.
* 7+ years of product management experience building consumer-facing digital products (travel industry experience not required but strongly preferred).
* Experience working on products that have deep operational dependencies.
* Demonstrated track record of product leadership. Ability to lead and influence teams towards a measured outcome you clearly describe.
* Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions.
* Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
* Radical thinking paired with strong execution. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
* Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.