Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as an
Onsite Customer Sales Support Technician in Dorchester, MA!
What you will do:
The Onsite Customer Sales Support Technician will be the onsite contact for specific customers to place customer orders, provide product information, problem solve customer issues, and deliver and set up of customer products including medical, industrial and specialty gases, welding equipment and hard goods and tools. This position will also serve as a back-up Branch Counter Sales associate as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Onsite Customer Sales Support Technician Responsibilities May Include:
* Assist the customer with identification of product needs by monitoring gas and hardgoods stock, locating merchandise, placing customer orders as needed. . * Problem solve all onsite customer service issues with the Branch, Plant and the Accounts Receivable department to resolve delivery ticket invoice discrepancies.. * Track and verify all cylinders utilizing SAP and the EZ Track system and performs monthly/yearly cylinder audits for ship to accounts locations. * Assist the delivery drivers as needed and delivers gas to the various customer locations and swap out cylinders as needed. * Follows all safety procedures for cylinder handling and storage. * May work at various retail branches as back up Counter Sales associate as needed * Other duties and projects as assigned
What you will need:
* HS Diploma or equivalent * Minimum of 2 years of previous related product and/or sales experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience). * Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). * Excellent customer service skills. * Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines. * Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees. * Detail-oriented. * Ability to problem-solve. * Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Welding Technology or Sales * Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry with retail experience * SAP experience * Prior welding experience preferred such as knowledge in MIG, TIG, and STICK WELDING
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Frequently required to stand and/or sit, talk and hear. * The Onsite Customer Sales Technician role requires the ability to walk long distances averaging 5 to 7 miles a day at the customer site. * Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate object, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. * Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell. * Employee may occasionally be required to transverse through branch office and/or production, warehouse locations. * Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information. * Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer. * Requires frequent use of computer and telephone. * Ability to routinely lift up to 30 lbs. and occasionally lift with the aid of material handling equipment from 30 - 80 lbs.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Primarily performs duties in an indoor office/production work environment. * Occasionally may require outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access? telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
\"Great place to work with great growth potential\" - Director, Atlanta
\"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program\" - Driver, Cheshire
\"Fun people to work with and flexible management\" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability