Director of Nursing for Member Center of Alaris Health
Alaris Health is seeking a Director of Nursing for a member post acute care facility .The facility is a well established skilled nursing facility with a very talented nursing team and a very supportive regional staff.
The successful candidate will be a RN with long-term care, MDS, and a minimum of 2 years of supervisory level experience. If you are interested in joining a dynamic team of professionals, part of a growing organization, please submit your resume ATT: VP of Operations
Excellent salary, benefits, and incentives.Requirements for Director of Nursing
Responsible to: Administrator
Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
Bachelor of Nursing Degree preferred
Minimum of 5 years clinical experience, 2 of which must be at a supervisory level
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey
Demonstrated skills as a manager
Proficient in oral and written communication in English
Ability to lift and move 50 lbs.
Plans, develops, implements, directs and evaluates the Nursing Service for the efficient delivery of quality resident care in accordance with the philosophy of the facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- With Administration sets the philosophy and policies of the Nursing Department.
- Directs the organization and administration of the general nursing program. In the absence of the Administrator is the designee for the building administrator.
- Responsible for departmental function 24 hours per day.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of philosophy, objectives, policies and standards of nursing care in accordance with the goals of the administration of the facility.
- Confers with the Administrator in assessing the quality of nursing care being delivered and identifies the need for clinical research and progress in changing nursing practice based on new theories and research findings as well as findings of the internal Quality Assurance Programs.
- Identifies the need for equipment, educational material and programs and assists with the preparation of the budget for same. Plans for economy and control of supplies and equipment.
- Writes and submits reports to the Administrator on the activities and progress of the Nursing Service department.
- Develops, directs, participates and evaluates the orientation program for professional and non-professional nursing personnel on all shifts.
- Hires qualified professional and certified staff for the department.
- Plans, coordinates, conducts and evaluates formal and informal in-service education sessions for nursing personnel to acquaint them with new policies, procedures, and development in patient care.
- Designs education and training around specific to educational skills and status. With charge nurses, routinely evaluates staff performance.
This is summation of job requirements not an all inclusive list of duties
Associated topics: ambulatory, hospice, intensive care unit, psychatric, psychiatric, recovery, registered nurse, tcu, transitional, unit