Are you an experienced Windows Systems Administrator? If so, let s talk!
Our client is actively seeking a talented Windows System Administrator to work at their location in Aurora, CO. This is an ongoing contract.
- The Windows System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations.
- Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs.
- Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems.
- Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
- 4+ years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration in an up to date Windows Server environment supporting (i.e. 2012, 2016). Experience should include system configuration and integration.
- 2+ years of experience administering Windows Desktop Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- 2+ years of experience administering VMware
- Systems integration experience including researching current OS/hardware upgrade options and preparing specifications for any needed procurement.
- Experience with common network services such as DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting
- Experience administering backup technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot complex configuration problems or system issues
- Experience in the following areas: WSUS Patch Management, Anti-Virus, endpoint protection, OS Upgrades, computer security and system monitoring and logging
- Experience in COTS/GOTS/FOSS Software installations
- Experience with LAN administration
- Ability to ensure successful planning, deployment, installation, and upgrades of products within required timelines and resource allocations
- Communication and strong interpersonal skills a must; significant interaction with various segments of the program
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with server and workstation assessment and hardening using various information system security assessment/hardening tools - DISA STIGs, SCAP, ACAS, Retina, Nessus etc.
- Experience with Linux System Administration including patch management and hardening
- Experience with Oracle database architecture including RAC, DataGuard, RMAN, ASM
- Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Experience with management of security technologies including KACE, Nessus, BigFix
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, PERL, bash, etc.)
- Experience with automation tools (i.e. Chef, Puppet, Ansible )
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
Job Requisition # 28888
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
Company Staffing 501 1000 employees
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. We offer excellent benefits and the opportunity for longevity, working with our premier fortune 100 clients. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.
Associated topics: administrator, infrastructure, ip, sccm, scom, scom sccm, system administrator, system center operations manager, tcp, tcp ip