Transit Sales Manager, West Region (Field Based) (Long Beach)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Transit Sales Manager, West Region (Field Based)Job Description:JOIN THE TEAM THAT S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in the West Region for a Transit Sales Manager.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
Transit Sales Manager (TSM) is responsible for maintaining and growing the Allison Transmission transit business in an assigned region. The TSM is responsible for the development and execution of their area sales plan necessary to achieve Allison s growth objectives.
- Development and execution of sales plans and activities designed to increase demand for Allison products
- Identification and pursuit of incremental sales volume at targeted transit properties
- Become value added resource to transit properties, through training, support, and vehicle specification.
- Drive the Allison spec through the Transit RFP process.
- Perform vehicle application analysis to ensure proper product utilization and optimization
- Drive indirect transit sales activity with corresponding Allison Distributor(s).
- Management and implementation of key growth initiatives and programs
- Responsible for managing activity through the use of the Allison CRM system.
- Provide a high level of customer engagement and support thereby influencing customer enthusiasm for Allison products
- Develop relationships with key customers and channel partners to drive Allison growth
- Develop of product knowledge along with the ability to effectively articulate the Allison value proposition.
- Develop local / regional / national commercial vehicle market knowledge
- Reporting of real time market dynamics and competitive updates to support forecasting efforts
- Represent Allison at transit industry trade shows and exhibits, and transit industry associations and meetings
- Ability to work cross functionally to provide superior/unrivaled, customer support to transit fleets
- Bachelor s Degree; preferably business or technical
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal & written)
- Previous sales/customer support experience
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to demonstrate functional and technical excellence
- Ability to travel on a regular basis for company business
- Ability to build valued business relationships
- Organized, detail oriented, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Government procurement process experience
- Transit industry experience
- Commercial vehicle industry experience
- Allison product related experience
- Ability to relocate
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-###-####.Primary Location:
Associated topics: administrative, leader, management, manager, principal, regional sales manager, shift lead, supervisor, team leader, territory manager
Loading some great jobs for you...