MS Sr Configuration Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver worldclass outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The DevOps Engineer will install, implement, configure, upgrade, and optimize the performance of on-prem and cloud-based application systems; ensure delivery of reliable products to customers by maintaining consistent processes governing the coordination, tracking, planning, scheduling, and building of all software components. The Software Engineering and Development department follows an Agile/Scrum methodology, and has a team of Product Owners and UX Designers that follow user centered and design thinking principles. This is an opportunity to join a group of high-performing, self-directed technologists, to produce highly usable and highly performant enterprise-scale software applications for the healthcare industry.Responsibilities
- Configuration Management - (Source control - Checkout / Check-in, Configuration audit and version control of the software configuration items of different products)
- Ensure integrity of the source and deliverables. (This is achieved by comparison of the source modified with the previous version of the source and confirming that all the changes done to the source are properly identified with the necessary tags / developer. By also verifying that the build of the software is done as per the procedure.)
- Ensure traceability and retrievability of sources and deliverables.
- Provide effective solutions by implementing the configuration management & build best practices by exploiting the SCM (Source Code Management/Software Configuration Management) tool's features for efficient configuration management & build activities. Provide guidance to development & QA teams to support different development methodologies in the areas of SCM.
- Review and provide inputs to the Development Manager / Product Owners to approve and confirm the project configuration and build management plan.
- Implement and continuously improve reliable and speedy build environments for development & QA. Provide timely build status updates. Automate as much as possible to improve efficiency and quality.
- Understand and execute the packaging and deployment process.
- Liaise with managers and keep them informed of progress. (This is applicable to any kind of specific and periodic tasks assigned. Example: Deposit of sources under escrow commitments.)
- Review necessary project documents to ensure compliance to standards.
- Report non-compliance findings to the project team for resolution.
- Analyze and record findings found during quality reviews.
- Coordinate with the development/QA teams to ensure that review and testing schedules of projects/patches are performed and completed in accordance with the agreed delivery dates.
- Ability to set up system environments.
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of functional software questions.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree preferred and/or other relevant combination of training and experience
- 7-12 years Industry experience preferred
- 5-7 years configuration management experience preferred
- Experience with the following is required: Microsoft web development tools and on premise servers; Microsoft SQL Server; Team City; git; message queueing systems.
- Experience with the following highly desired: Azure IaaS and PaaS including serverless architectures; Elasticsearch/ELK stack; RabbitMQ; Healthcare IT; secure code scanning tools.
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
Loading some great jobs for you...