901 Delaware St
Alstom's approach can be summarized in one word - \"fluidity\". Alstom is a global leader in passenger, freight and mining rail transportation, signalling, and infrastructure, and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides a wide variety of associated maintenance, modernization, overall and refurbishment services and turnkey transportation solutions. Our 32,000 employees worldwide rigorously apply the Alstom Code of Ethics and work closely with our community of stakeholders to deliver solutions and services that bear the brand of Alstom. Alstom businesses had sales of ?6 billion for the 2014/2015 fiscal year. Visit www.alstom.com to learn more about our business.
Project Industrial Manager
During project mobilization, this position defines and deploys the industrial strategy and infrastructure required to execute train maintenance & overhaul processes delivering optimum solutions to maximize the utilization of plant, tools, systems, and resources within TSSSA organization respecting budgeted costs and safety compliance; Liaises with ILS team to deliver clear optimized maintenance, repair and overhaul procedures aligned with the customer's expectations.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Manages varied subordinates who are responsible for the overall planning, coordination, and industrialization of the project. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Lead the effort to develop a maintenance process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs
* Work with customer's maintenance teams to ensure methods and tools are well understood, agreed and achievable
* Plan and scale new overhaul facility and back-shop ensuring our contractual obligations are met and aligned with the agreed budget and the Project Manager
* Define and execute the make vs buy strategy, aligning with the Project country localization plan, performing regular business cases and supporting the deployment for in-house solutions.
* Supervise and optimize CAPEX budget for the Project
* Works with Engineering/Quality to set up new in-house repairs/overhauls
* Define and manage the efficient industrial footprint for repair and overhaul activities (SOP, task sequence, workstation organization)
* Oversee the reception and commissioning of repairs tools.
* Ensure that all industrial processes, procedures facility and equipment meet the Alstom EHS policy
* Coordinates maintenance activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
* Develop and maintain Industrial data management: GSI industrial data set up (parts, tools, BOM, routing?)
* Support set up of MMIS and ensure compatibility of data between customer ERP and GSI
* Setup and manage configuration data, change management implementation (impact on processes & means), handover/delivery data management, derogation management
* Develop and implement a continuous improvement plan for both customer and Alstom operations ensuring QCD operational performance targets are met.
* Manage the Industrial Work Package and ensure forecast realization and respect to budget. Provide regular KPI's showing the health of the Work Package
* Regularly review state-of-the-art solutions to optimize customer and Alstom depotsSupport commissioning and warranty organization for Industrial WoW and FMI validation
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience (Essential Functions)
Four to ten years related experience and/or training.
Working Conditions (Industrial/Environmental)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Alstom offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. Alstom recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee. Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Make the switch to a new track and join Alstom today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Alstom is a drug-free workplace.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Alstom provides reasonable accommodations and/or assistance to applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans (including but not limited to other protected veterans and individuals with known physical and mental limitations). If you need a reasonable accommodation/assistance for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please contact Alstom's Recruiting Department at ...@alstom.com (please use \"Accommodation Request\" as the subject line).
Associated topics: account, account manager, adimnistrative, administrative assistant, clerical, financial, management, office, operation, operational support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...