Alvarez & Marsal (A&M), a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and advisory services, is seeking an Associate General Counsel. Reporting to the General Counsel this key member of the legal team will assist in protecting the organization's legal interests, provide hands-on counsel to executive management and senior staff and is responsible for identifying and analyzing legal issues. Prior experience drafting key documents, presenting clear recommendations, and assuring legal compliance is required. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Work with the legal team and firm professionals on client contracting matters such as engagement letters, company contracts and on ancillary client-related agreements (e.g., confidentiality, IP and technology);
* Monitor litigation including third party discovery responses;
* Advise on other legal and compliance matters, ie,
* conflict of interest management and resolution
* employment agreements and separations
* data privacy and security laws
* 6-10 years of experience as an attorney, with 2-3 years in-house experience.
* Member of the NY State Bar.
* Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
* Sharp business acumen;
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; confident and engaging presenter;
* Driven by values and integrity, and builds confidence at all levels;
* Thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and uncertain environment;
* Ability to apply objective, fact-based approach to problem solving; and
* High tolerance for ambiguity.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Associated topics: accuse, attorney, county clerk, constitution, defense attorney, judicial, juris, jury, legal secretary, public defender