- $123,845.00 -202,650.00/year*
55 Oakdale Rd
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers experiences in ways we can t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Job Overview Amazon is seeking a talented and motivated Electrical Engineer to work on system design, implementation and release to manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have experience in board bring up, developing test diagnostics and device drivers as well as have the ability to own a component or sub-system from concept to manufacturing. This candidate must have the ability to work well both independently and in team settings. This position reports directly to the Electrical Engineering Manager.
Some of the key job functions of the Electrical Engineer include:
Work with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including design, prototyping, validation, testing and certification.
Work multiple tasks in parallel.
Work with cross-functional teams as required by the project.
Writing and developing functional specifications, design verification plans and test procedures.
Designing and implementing complex embedded system, analog and digital circuit design and systems debugging.
Supporting product releases to manufacturing and customer deployments.
Execute tasks to aggressive schedules.
Establish development processes to meet industry standards for functionally safe control systems (IEC 61508).
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- BS / MS Electrical Engineering (or similar field)
- 5-10 years of experience in electrical, firmware and system level design.
- Analog and digital skills with embedded systems experience.
- Hands-on experience developing in embedded operating systems, kernel development, or device drivers, especially in a robotics environment
- Experience in schematic entry, layout tools and design for manufacturability (familiarity with OrCAD Capture and Cadence Allegro tool flow is a plus).)
- Have a solid grasp of Electrical Engineering fundamentals and able to apply this knowledge independently.
- Experience executing design reviews in front of interdisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated strong ability to move seamlessly between levels of abstraction from system to the nuts and bolts implementation
- Extensive system design interfacing to a wide array of electro-mechanical subsystems and debugging experience
- Commitment to rigorous testing practices and design process flows
- Problem solver, can do , get any task done attitude
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Customer focused
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Excellent written (white papers) and oral communication skills
- Ability to support domestic and international travel as required by the program
Experience in developing VHDL/Verilog modules and test benches in Lattice, Xilinx and/or Altera development environments is desirable.
Develop automated test tools (LabVIEW)
Experience with serial communication interfaces (CAN, SPI, Ethernet
Associated topics: chip, circuit, electrical engineering, electronic engineering, informatic, information technology, machine learning, malware, programming, schematic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...