- $104,570.00 -202,650.00/year*
55 Oakdale Rd
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers experiences in ways we can t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Research and Advanced Development team at Amazon Robotics is seeking passionate, hands-on Operations Research Scientists to work on cutting edge algorithms to power automation in Amazon s order fulfillment network. Our multi-disciplinary team includes scientists with backgrounds in AI planning and scheduling, machine learning, operations research, heuristic search, and robotic grasping. This position will focus on research problems such as dynamic allocation and scheduling of tasks to thousands of robots or automatically tuning the performance of complex systems. The ideal candidate will be familiar with algorithms in one or both of these areas at both the theoretical and implementation levels. You will have the chance to solve complex research problems and see your solutions come to life in Amazon s warehouses!
* PhD in a relevant field
* 3+ years of relevant academic research or industry experience in developing algorithms and building models
* Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art approaches for at least one of AI planning and scheduling, operations research, many-robot planning, or hyperparameter estimation
* Ability to code algorithm prototypes independently and refine in simulation
* Working knowledge of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity
* Scientific mindset and the ability to invent
* Track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced their field
* Drive to see projects through from research concept to working production software
* Excellent creative problem solving skills
* Experience with programming languages such as Java, C++, and Python
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to influence and drive the technical direction of cross-functional teams
* Fluency in a statistical software package such as R, Stata, and Matlab
* Experience with optimization software packages such as Xpress, CPLEX, and Gurobi
* Experience with SageMaker and Amazon Web Services* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...