Have you ever wondered what sort of systems and software power the world's largest e-Commerce catalog? At Amazon, literally, the whole world is our customer and this means our catalog is truly global with a goal to know about every product available for sale in the world. What sort of systems do you build to host such a catalog and process millions of updates on the billions of items every single day when you know traditional database technologies just cannot handle the massive scale? How do you ensure that you serve up the freshest possible information to hundreds of millions of Amazon's customers around the world 24x7x365?
Welcome to the world of highly distributed systems and massive scale - the Selection Contribution Platform (SCP)! The SCP team builds and manages the services and tools that manage Amazon's catalog
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented Principal Technical Program Manager that ensures we are building the right solutions for our customer.
You will be empowered to:
* Interact with Project Sponsors, other Technical Program Managers, and multiple development teams to define and deliver complex cross-functional projects.
* Drive large scale projects spanning teams across Amazon from inception to conclusion, formulate the product vision, define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions.
* Communicate strategic vision, plans and project status to management and key technical and business stakeholders.
* Work closely with the software development team on delivering high-quality solutions, and provide guidance regarding architecture, design, and priorities.
* Engage with other teams across Amazon to evangelize the team and your projects, to build relationships and help identify existing technologies that can be leveraged to meet your team's goals.
* Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
* Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.