Would you like to accelerate cloud computing adoption at the Enterprise level? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with Enterprises that are reinventing their IT strategy with AWS cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, industry experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a Bid and Proposal Manager at AWS, you lead our effort to deliver game-changing solutions to key AWS prospects and customers in the Financial and Enterprise sectors. You have the exciting opportunity to create strategies to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, etc.). Your responsibilities include working with all members of the AWS Commercial Sales team to develop winning, innovative proposals including written responses for RFIs/RFQs/RFPs (RFx) as well as unsolicited proposals and white papers.
The ideal candidate possesses demonstrated Enterprise-caliber proposal management and technical writing experience and the B&P process development and leadership necessary to effectively support a high growth business. The candidate has Financial and Enterprise industry background that enables them to develop win themes and technical discriminators for inclusion into proposals, a contracts background that enables them to easily interact with legal staff, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with technical leaders, software developers, and solutions architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions in a written context.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Serve as a key member of the AWS Commercial Sales team leading proposal responses to RFx opportunities for US Enterprises.
* Execute the RFx proposal response plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, security, finance, etc.).
* Develop win themes and technical discriminators, working with supporting AWS stakeholders specific to RFx opportunities.
* Validate RFP response requirements and ensure proposal compliance, and act as the primary interface for RFx response efforts.
* Build a library of approved proposal content for quick-turnaround opportunities.
* Understand and navigate US Enterprise procurement processes and procedures.
* Be a thought leader with respect to proposal responses, win themes, technical discriminators, , etc.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task