In 2017, American Century Investments launched a new Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) platform to support new and existing American Century strategies, and separate account opportunities. We understand that ESG issues may present risks and opportunities which can affect the performance of individual securities to varying degrees over time. We are seeking a credit analyst to support our ESG initiative, and sit within our credit research team. Reporting to the Vice President, Head of ESG and Investment Stewardship, this individual would work closely with our investment analysts to ensure ESG factors are integrated into our fundamental research process. The incumbent will also support fund-level reporting and client requests, and new ESG product requirements. This role will be based in New York.
* Incorporate analysis of material ESG-factors into fundamental research across fixed income securities (e.g. corporate, municipal bonds, sovereigns)
* Work with investment analysts to identify material ESG risks, across multiple sectors
* Incorporate ESG analytics into portfolio management and trade compliance systems
* Support client portfolio management with fund-level client requests, including ESG portfolio analysis and reporting requirements
* Analyze and evaluate third party ESG providers
* At least 3-5 years of financial analysis experience (credit research at sell-side/buy-side/rating agency preferred
* Direct ESG research experience would be considered a strong plus
* Strong knowledge of ESG risk issues and financial materiality
* Knowledge of the standard approaches to analyzing cash flow generation capacity and probability of default for credits is required.
* Experience working with Bloomberg Terminal, and third-party ESG data platforms (MSCI, ISS)
* Degree in finance, economics or environmental studies preferred
* Problem-solving work ethics
* Priority management/Ability to work under tight deadlines
EOE Policy Statement: American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these bases.
Associated topics: business analyst, commercial, commission, economics, market, financial, gs 0110 12, insurer, investment, pricing