Manager, Business Strategies - Process Operations and Calendar Strategy
21 Warren St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Responsible for managing the Global Calendar and processes for all Divisions within the AE and TG Brands. Ensure that all stakeholders adhere to the schedule and accomplish necessary tasks. Works closely with Brand Leadership and Functional Leads across Design, Production, Omni Merchandising, International and Marketing to enable successful execution of the end-to-end Product Development Process.
* Developing a deep understanding of nuances across the AE and TG Brand to ensure Calendars are properly coordinated to support evolving Business needs. * Own the creation, communication and ongoing maintenance/updates for AE and TG Brand calendars. Publish to internal and external stakeholders, by Brand, prior to season start. * Provide continuous visibility to critical brand Milestones and deadlines throughout the product development process. Communicate to the organization all pre-season process updates, agendas and calendars that tie to milestone meetings. * Work to ensure right attendees/teams are included in all Milestone Meetings based on meeting objectives. Coordinate creation and distribution of meeting invitations, including key meeting activities and expectations leading up to deadlines.
Proactively identify obstacles to hitting Calendar deadlines including seasonal and Brand overlap, workload by function, holiday constraints (e.g., Chinese New Year), and any channel constraints (e.g., international). Collaborate w/ calendar stakeholders to identify solutions. Drive communication w/ Executive leadership to ensure alignment and adherence to the TNA calendar and milestone meetings. Escalate issues to Senior leadership for approval of any Calendar shifts, when necessary.
* Partner w/ Omni Merch, International, Design and Production partners on seasonal deliverables for CFT to deliver timely execution. * Understand and communicate Calendar impact when deadlines are not met. Advise functional teams when Calendar due dates need to shift and consequences that may result downstream. * Partner with Executive Assistants to facilitate/coordinate meetings and general administrative needs as related to milestone meetings. * Attend key milestone meetings for AE and TG to ensure they run efficiently. Capture and communicate key observations to leadership. Update and redistribute Milestone Meeting agendas and deadlines when necessary. Assist in laydown execution as needed. * Act as the central point of contact for all AE and TG Calendar, process changes, questions, and feedback. * Lead initiatives to spearhead continuous process improvement of product development cycle and brand calendars including ongoing solicitation of feedback and change management for process upgrades. * Track adherence to Calendar and processes for all divisions within the AE and TG Brands. Consistently communicates updates and/or business related issues to VP and executive leadership in a timely manner. * Develop Direct report through consistent feedback and coaching sessions. Create an environment that motivates and empowers. * Partner w/ Business Strategy peers to uphold process efficiency and execute streamlined communication for all cross-functional partners. * Perform other duties as assigned.
KEY AE/TG BUSINESS PARTNERS:
* Design * Production * Omni Merchandising * International CFT * Marketing * Planning
* Bachelor's degree and a minimum 5 years' experience in Retail Operations and/or Project Management. * 5+ year's experience in a leadership role. * Knowledge of Merchandising, Planning, Design, and Production processes; working knowledge of retail industry. * Critical attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Action orientated and disciplined project management skills. * Strategic - Strong diagnostic and problem solving capabilities. Analytical. Possesses ability to conceptualize, understand risks, create a strategy that meet objectives and maximizes impact. Possesses ability to drive decisions/strategies across the organization. * Solution-oriented; able to see the \"big picture\" and understand interdependencies. * Self-motivated and results oriented achiever. Demonstrates drive to deliver above average results. * Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to influence all levels of the organization; skilled at presenting to senior audiences. * Strong interpersonal and team skills. Effective at building strong relationships w/ CFT and peers. Collaborative in nature works well within a team. * High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office with proven skills and experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word * Demonstrated leadership poise, tact and diplomacy (coolness and composure under strain, confidence without arrogance) * Champion of change - forward thinking and innovative. Not satisfied w/ the status quo. Constantly looking for ways and/or solutions to improve (self, others and the business). * Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. * Some travel may be required.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.