Director, Engineering - Payment Platform Network Modernization (Java/Go/Docker/Kubernetes) (Riverdale)
Compensation: $37,710.00 - $62,480.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Theresa difference between having a job and making a difference.
AmericanExpress has been making a difference in peoples lives for over 160years,backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, andresources to takeon their biggest challenges and reap the greatestrewards.
Wevealso made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture oflearningand collaboration, and helping them with what they need tosucceed and thrive. Wehave their backs as they grow their skills, conquernew challenges, or even take time tospend with their family or community.And when theyre ready to take on a new careerpath, were right therewith them, giving them the guidance and momentum into thebest future theyenvision.
Becausewe believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Thepowerful backing of American Express.
Dontmake a difference without it.
Dontlive life without it.
American Express Global Card Network Platform authorizes and processes all of the companys customer card transactions. The Card Network platform is the critical back bone for all of American Express card transactions, and is a near real time low latency system that is always available and highly resilient, processing transactions from around the world the 24x7, 365 days a year.
American Express is making strategic investments in new card network products and platforms to allow the company to meet its ambitious global growth agenda. American Express is looking for strong leaders and engineers to be part of high energy and efficient teams that will build and support our next generation card network systems.
As our Director of Engineering, you will join our global technology team that has embarked on building a highly available and scalable distributed systems on the cloud to support the company's long-term strategy and vision. Your primary responsibility is to build and support capabilities of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness.
Key Initiatives :
- Card Network Authorizations/Routing, Clearing and Settlement.
- ATM, Debit, Credit and Push Payment Transactions.
- Platform Engineering and Foundational Capabilities of distributed systems
- High Availability, Resiliency and Performance Engineering on Cloud
- You will be responsible for building capabilities of a distributed transaction processing infrastructure. Leading and engaging technical teams that builds/deploys high throughput systems.
- You will constantly purse and learn industry leading/innovative solutions. Build high awareness of open-source technologies and communities that enable high volume low latency systems.
- Lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, support full software development lifecycle that incorporates the best of technology approaches and delivery methodologies.
- Engage with developers in day to day activities and helping in review of design, coding and the SDLC tasks. Stepping into code where and if needed and be a hands-on leader
- Ensure on time product releases that are of high quality, enabling the core vision of next generation card processing systems.
- Promote a fun and high engagement culture, with a results orientated focus. Hire, mentor, motivate and retain the best talent.
- Collaborate with peer technology and product teams across different locations.
- You have Computer Science / Information Systems degree, or equivalent with at-least 8+ years of work experience.
- Have built and delivered large scale enterprise systems/products and have extensive hands-on experience. Preferably delivered and supported products as Cloud hosted services.
- Experience building highly available and low latency distributed systems. Experience building systems as service-oriented architecture and/or micro-services architecture.
- Keen awareness of concerns in a massively distributed systems and effective solutions.
- Experience in Linux cloud (Kubernetes) environment supporting applications built using language like Java, Go, Node.js and NoSQL databases like Couchbase, Cassandra, Redis.
- Experience attracting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
- Have experience leading engineering teams and in agile methodologies, have enabled DevOps mindset, processes and tools
- Ability to learn and deep dive into new technology and business domains, question status quo and think outside of the box.
- Excellent judgment and constant pursuit of higher standards, a passion to build and champion high efficiency teams.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Create and deliver effective presentations to Senior Leadership.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
All users of our online services subject to both Privacy Statement and Terms of Service.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
US Job Seekers: If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position
you may contact us by clicking here or call our US Toll-free number at 1-855-###-####.
Associated topics: chauffeur, deliv retail driver, doordash driver, driving with uber, limousine, lugg driver, postmates, postmates driving, shipt driving, swift driver
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...