RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Your new team
AIG's operational risk management team is responsible for the governance and management of the enterprise ORM policies, standards and framework used by the first and second line of defense. As a key manager and contributor to AIG's Operational Risk Management function, this role will assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of AIG's Operational Risk Management (ORM) framework. This position reports to the AIG Director, Operational Risk Management.
Your contribution at AIG
* Support the ongoing development, governance, and management of AIG's operational risk management in accordance with AIG's Operational Risk Policy (including the risk assessment program).
* Collaborate with ORM execution teams responsible for operational risk management within the business units and functions as well as other 2nd Line Functions (e.g. Compliance, IT Risk, and Model Risk Management). This includes the design and implementation of a consistent and comprehensive risk assessment framework.
* Assist with the development of training to clarify First, Second, and Third Line of Defense roles, responsibilities, and accountability.
* Develop and deploy tools and guidance to support a risk-based and consistent operational risk management and assessment approach (e.g., RCSAs, Review & Challenge, Risk Treatment, Risk Appetite).
* Monitor status and quality of the enterprise wide programs through the2LOD in the business units and functions ensuring that Standards are adhered to, and significant risks are identified and assessed.
* Develop analytical and trending capabilities such as key risk indicators (KRI) to provide insight into risks and distribute analysis to stakeholders.
* Analyze results of top operational risks, RCSA, emerging risk, and scenario analysis programs to inform the risk profile and identify significant risk issues/themes. Prepare reports for senior management.
* Train key stakeholders and serve as an advisor/subject matter expert (SME) on Operational Risk Management program.
* Provide ongoing support and direction associated with AIG's recently established reputational risk framework and standards; provide guidance/support to the business units and functions as needed; works closely with the head of Governance and Operational Controls as well as AIG's Chief Risk Officer in this effort.
* Coordinate and manage ERM reviews and deliverables related to reasonable and balanced risk management for the Compensation and Management Resource [Board] Committee (CMRC). This role will deal with confidential executive data on an ongoing basis and will require strict confidentiality.
* Responsible for reviews of incentive compensation plans to ensure there is no excessive risk taking.
* Support ERM Process Governance related activities 1) ERM policies and standards, 2) Coordinate ERM review/feedback for other unit's policies and standards where ERM is a stakeholder.
* Manage junior team member resource to assist with the above activities and deliverables.
What we are looking for
* Demonstrable experience and understanding of an ORM framework.
* Minimum 6-9 years' experience with majority of years in Operational Risk (or related) experience.
* Experience in deploying successful Risk Assessment Methodologies and approaches for large, globally complex financial institutions.
* Working knowledge and familiarity of the insurance industry.
* Experience with risk quantification is a plus.
* Understanding of industry standards related to Operational Risk with ability to think \"out of the box\" in implementation options.
* Strong organizational and project management skills.
* Process reengineering experience.
* Ability to develop innovative solutions.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; Master's degree a plus.
* Ability to work closely with peers and build strong partnerships with key stakeholders.
* Strong, broad-based communication skills. Ability to facilitate discussions and assessments.
* Role requires gravitas and strict confidentiality.
* Effective supervisor.
* Driven, self-motivated with strong results orientation.
* Solid analytical and report creation skills and strong personal computing skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with the ability to quickly learn new applications.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.