Director Of Development, Major Gifts (Cambridge)
Compensation: $146,240.00 - $146,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Reporting to the ATS Senior Director of Development, Eastern Seaboard, this position will play a central role in helping to manage ATS philanthropic activities that are centered in its Boston office as well as be the face of the organization for many of its stakeholders. The successful candidate will manage a fundraising portfolio with the goal of cultivating and soliciting individuals with a capacity of gifts in the six and seven figure range. The primary focus area will be the Boston market, yet engagement with other key communities in New England will be essential.
The Director of Development will be responsible for developing fundraising plans for his/her assigned region and portfolio of management, in partnership with the Senior Director and other members of the Boston ATS office along with the lay leadership in the New England Region. The Director of Development will execute targeted fundraising to achieve defined regional goals. S/He will identify and cultivate donors and implement targeted solicitation strategies designed to increase the donor base and close gifts.
With the one of the largest and most educated Jewish populations in the United States and growing sectors in life science, technology, investment banking and real estate, the New England Region is poised for tremendous philanthropic growth. For individuals who are passionate about Israel, the Director of Development position is a unique opportunity to blend ones fundraising expertise with a personal desire to play a role in the continued economic success and support of Israel.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partner with the Senior Director to manage the American Technions Societys presence in its New England Region via its Boston office.
- Develop and grow American Technion Societys donor base of individuals and foundations capable of giving $100 thousand or more.
- Supervise an Associate Director of Development focused on new market development in New England.
- Involve and partner with lay leadership in activities and strategies to build and leverage their volunteer leadership throughout the territory/portfolio.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of 150 prospects, of which 40 will be high priority potential donors.
- Focus portfolio development in New England to include leaders in the life science, technology, investment banking and real estate industries.
- Engage in direct and systematic prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of high net worth individuals.
- Advance the presence of the American Technion Society around high value activities that further interaction with high net worth prospects, and be seen as the key figure representing the Technion in these circles.
- Focus on advancing ATS engagement of Technion alumni, and existing high value constituency, which benefits from growing linkages between New England and Israel.
- Deploy resources to maximize the philanthropic potential of assigned territory and/or portfolio. Work with ATS colleagues in the development of strategic annual and long-term fundraising plans and evaluate progress to goals.
- Partner with Associate Director around their programmatic activities that develop the ATS pipeline and engage new donors by participating in their events.
- Foster relationships with key ATS and Technion partners in areas of prospect development, proposal development, stewardship, etc.
- Adhere to assigned budget to ensure effective stewardship of ATS resources to realize organizational goals.
- Utilize the ATS database to maintain accurate records of all donor interactions, individuals programmatic interests, trends in giving and type of support to solicit.
- Travel twice yearly to the East Coast for ATS professional staff institutes; some local travel may also be required.
- BA/BS required; Masters degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years of fundraising experience in a higher education, research or advocacy organization, or in a setting that advances science and technology, including a demonstrated track record in securing major gifts.
- Team player spirit is a must.
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the ATS
- Knowledge of the Boston/New England philanthropic market, and demonstrated success cultivating and personally soliciting charitable gifts for existing and new constituencies.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate Technions unique role in Israel and within the Israeli technology industry with clarity and a demonstrated passion for the organizations mission.
- Excellent decision-making skills and demonstrated ability to independently implement fundraising strategies.
- Demonstrable record of effective skills in working with lay leadership to advance the mission of a fundraising organization.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated. Skilled at operating at a high level, creating solutions and making sound decisions in a complex, yet collaborative and supportive environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. ATS offers a generous benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter demonstrating your interest in this position via this link:
Associated topics: ad, demand, donor, event, fundraise, mba, media, policy, relation, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...