As an individual contributor, the Behavioral Health Care Manager is responsible for the daily functions of the clinical department including triage of calls, care coordination and utilization management. The Care Manager makes timely intensity of service determinations or refers to higher level review when indicated. Provides linkage to community services as needed. Adheres to customer service level agreements and expected productivity measures. Adheres to documentation requirements. Identifies wide range of community resources to caller. Demonstrates respectful communication and excellent customer service. Adheres to recognized ethical standards. Completes all required training on time. Assists with projects as assigned.
* Master's Degree.
* Graduate degree from an accredited educational program in Social Work, Clinical/Counseling Psychology, or Nursing.
* Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor Licensed Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor, Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor, Board Certified Behavior Analyst required.
* Minimum three years post graduate clinical experience or equivalent combination of education and clinically related work experience. Minimum one year experience working with a managed care system.
* Minimum one year experience in Behavioral Health Service Delivery System. Knowledge base in Medicaid, Medicare and Commercial Managed Care Systems .
* Demonstrated knowledge of plan benefit information and managed care.
* PC Skills and Experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Ability to provide constructive feedback with a focus on improved quality.
* Ability to communicate in a positive/professional manner both orally and written.
* Ability to work independently, complete multiple tasks in the allotted time frame.
* Strong problem solving skills and decision making skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Associated topics: adult, behavioral healthcare, clinical, forensic, hcpc, lmsw, msw, npho, social worker, substance
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...