We Are Hiring Title:
Practitioner-Resp Care IICity, State:
Elk Grove Village,ILLocation:
AMITA Health Alexian Brothers Medical CenterDepartment:
Respiratory Care 001Additional Job Details:
Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,WeeklyTuition Forgiveness *OR* Sign-On Bonus The choice is yours!Tuition Forgiveness
: Receive up to $20,000 for any full-time Respiratory Therapist position paid out over three years.
: Receive up to $3,000 for any full-time Respiratory Therapist position paid out over one year. Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org
) is a joint operating company formed by Adventist Midwest Health, part of the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL., and Alexian Brothers Health System, a subsidiary of St. Louis-based Ascension. Headquartered in Arlington Heights, IL, AMITA Health is the third largest health system in the state with more than 12,000 associates committed to delivering the most efficient, highest quality, faith-based care at nine acute and specialty care hospitals and at more than 80 ambulatory/clinic locations. AMITA Health has an extensive provider network of more than 3,000 hospital-affiliated physicians and the AMITA Health Medical Group consists of over 500 multi-specialty employed physicians and associate practitioners, ranking it among the largest regional medical groups. AMITA Health's mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by respecting the faith traditions of the many individuals and families we have been called to serve across suburban Chicago.What You Will Do Job Summary:
Provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. (New graduates must have receipt of payment for application to IDFPR upon hire)
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). (New grads must have NBRC upon hire.)
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). New grads must have NBRC certificate and proof of payment to ISRC upon hire.
- High school diploma or equivalent required Graduate from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program required
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Two years of experience in the intensive care unit preferred.One year of pediatrics/neonatal experience in a level 3 nursery preferred.
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Associated topics: antibody, dietician, drug, drug discovery, medicine, microbiology, nephrology, pharmacy, toxicologist, trauma