Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Sales Account Rep II
Work location: Seven Hills, OH
Responsible for supporting the Account Manager III or Account Manager III Sr in the retention of large local groups or national accounts. May also support new sales team. Typical group size is 100+ commercial business. Conducts meetings with group employees who have a choice of carriers and promote, sell, persuade and influence associates to enroll in our products.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Advises clients on developing and designing specific benefit plans that will best suit the client's needs.
- Directs and coordinates benefit design issues and modifications with Operations and Membership Implementation staff in support of client needs.
- Analyzes client needs and develop, design and recommend or implement product improvements or additions to increase sales.
- Researches reasons for client decisions regarding the company and competitor products. If the competitor product is more favorable, makes recommendations to change company products or pricing.
- Sells, promotes, and influences companies or clients to add additional products or services to the existing account (up sell).
- Acts on behalf of Account Manager to respond to client proposals and decision-makers during the negotiation and selection process.
- Responsible for projects outside the department on matters of significance with the authority to represent the department.
- Develops relationships with existing accounts, members and brokers and responds to inquiries.
- Conducts Open Enrollment meetings, Health Fairs and Client education on products and services.
- Researches and coordinates resolution of elevated service issues.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team focused on growing and succeeding. We are looking for ambitious individuals that are focused on understanding and meeting their customer needs by leveraging insights and data to serve as a trusted partner and to deliver aligned solutions.
If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment, relationship building, being a trusted partner, and driving results, apply today!
Requires a BA/BS; 2 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Sales license required where necessary.
Candidate selected will interact with clients regularly and will conduct presentations throughout the year.
Excellent verbal and written presentation skills a plus.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.