Senior Administrative Assistant
The Senior Administrative Assistant (SAA) provides administrative support to a team of colleagues within a workgroup, practice area, or client team. Support ranges from clerical and logistical matters to document production and the effective use of office applications.
The SAA will respond promptly, thoughtfully, and effectively to changing work environments, changing priorities, and new situations. Additionally, the SAA will possess the skills and ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with internal resources, clients (where applicable), and other parties in a global and virtual working environment. The Administrative Assistant is integral to the efficient workflow within the office environment.
Aon's Business Code of Conduct, global policies and procedures, and applicable laws apply to all Aon officers, directors, and employees (\"colleagues\") throughout the world. Every colleague, regardless of position or role, is responsible for compliance with the Code, Aon's policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Colleagues must comply with Aon's expense, travel, and time-entry policies and safeguard all firm assets from loss by theft, carelessness, misuse, or waste.
* Organizational and Management: attention to detail
* Internal/External Client Support: customer service, experience-centric mentality
* Written Communication: grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading
* Verbal Communication: effectively and professionally in a business casual environment
* Resilience: Work independently with a variety of individuals and teams
* Discretion: maintain confidentiality on highly sensitive matters
Maintains a flexible approach and attitude toward assisting others; leads by example; coaches and mentors AAs aspiring to move to the Senior AA level
* Acts as a key resource for the team (i.e., independently seeks out answers to questions, takes initiative, leverages network of resources to solve problems and proactively cascade knowledge to peer network)
* Answers phones/takes messages as applicable; calendar management of leaders/consultantSchedules and coordinates meetings, including room reservations and food ordering/delivery, if necessary
* Is strategic, solves problems, establishes procedures that result in process improvements
* Prepares and produces high-quality client presentations and correspondence, graphic presentations and other documents, including editing for grammar, punctuation, and clarity
* Submits printing requests for client meetings and other needs as necessary; ensures accuracy of printed materials before distribution
* Provides backup assistance to other AAs as needed
* Uses internal travel tool to research travel options and book consultant travel
* Records time accurately and submits according to corporate guidelines
* Self-directed prioritization of work and projects; demonstrates measurable progress through open communication to leaders and team members consistently and with highest quality
* Learns, then operates as a subject matter expert for internal tools and resources
* Learns, then operates as expert resource for Aon branding; completes Brand Ambassador certification
* Provides financial support of budgeting and procurement as required by the business supported
* Updates files, databases, or SharePoint sites as appropriate
* Knowledgeable of practice/business-specific products or services and terminology
* Shares work with others and delegates as appropriate
* Seeks additional responsibilities
* This list is not all-inclusive; other tasks may vary based on business need
Education & Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent; associate or bachelor's degree preferred
* Three or more years of relevant professional experience; preferably in an administrative capacity
* intermediate computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite and other programs as applicable
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2458047
Category: Administrative & Support Services
Location: United States, NY, New York