SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of Advanced Safety & User Experience segment.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer, Active Safety located in our Troy, MI office. This role is for an electrical/electronic engineer that has the capability to design, develop and validate embedded system controllers such that capability, cost, and quality satisfy the customer requirements.
* Responsible to analyze customer requirements, perform requirement analysis, develop product requirements, and perform the technical planning
* Responsible to develop product test procedures, perform verification, track verification status and initiate issue resolution.
* Responsible to perform the failure mode analysis, debug the system design issue at product level and at vehicle level.
* Responsible for the customer deliveries, including providing product checkout report, hardware & software integration report, summarizing the product open issues.
* Participate in systems architecture & design, systems integration & verification. Responsible for the design, development and upkeep of the product hardware and software interface requirements;
* Participate in requirement/design peer reviews for projects within and outside the Safety Product Line.
* Ensure that System Common Process deliverables are completed on time per the project schedule and meet System Quality Assurance standards.
* Follow APTIV design standards, guidelines, best practices, procedures and policies.
* Develop innovative and creative solutions to unique engineering challenges by drawing upon your technical talents, passion, creativity and experience.
* Focal point of project's technical discussions with cross-competency team, management and customers.
* Create design artifacts consistent with Aptiv development processes & methodology
* Take responsibility for capturing, clarifying & prioritizing critical ambiguous tasks. Ensure that an action plan is created which addresses the issues.
* Drive process, procedure, and methodology improvements to optimize work efficiency at the team and organizational level.
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications)
* Bachelor's degree in Electronics & Communications Engineering
* 3+ years professional work experience in:
* Systems Engineering
* Embedded System Design
* Automotive Industry
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications)
* Master's degree in Electronics & Communications Engineering
* Experience with Customer & Internal Design Requirements Management
* Microcontroller/Embedded System & Software requirements
* Strong Data analytics, Troubleshooting, Debugging Hardware/Software & Failure mode analysis skills,
* Structured problem solving experience a plus
* Programming (C or other language)
* Vehicle communication (CANFD, Ethernet) & testing desired
* Experience with CANalyzer/CANoe/CANape
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
* Competitive compensation with bonus potential
* Learning and development opportunities
* Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
* Recognition for innovation and excellence
* Opportunities to give back to the community
* Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
* Relocation assistance may be available
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About Advanced Safety and User Experience
Advanced Safety & User Experience encompasses our deep expertise in centralized computing platforms, advanced safety systems and automated driving, while acknowledging the growth in areas that enrich the in-vehicle experience.
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Internal Use Only: Referral bonus available? Yes
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ready to take the first step?
Associated topics: capacitor, dsp, electrical, highline, insulator, kv, microprocessor, nuclear engineer, overhead, plc