Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
As a Director, Strategic Partnerships within Aramark s K-12 business, you will focus on the retention efforts for our existing client accounts. This includes efforts on mandatory rebids and proactive extensions in order to retain and grow existing business. A successful candidate will be expected to be an active listener, applying keen analytical skills to understand our clients' goals and aspirations, to proactively identify potential at-risk accounts within an assigned region/portfolio using objective data and evidence-based decision-making. You will work closely with Regional Operations Leadership to access our partnership with existing client accounts. This role is crucial to the continued retention and development of the Aramark K-12 business. This is a senior level executive sales position with industry-leading financial rewards for top performance. The Director role will report directly to the Vice President of Growth.
Responsibilities include the formal application of account diagnostics, plan development, customer presentations, client relationship development ensuring Aramark is high, wide, and deep within the client organization and client contract negotiations.
- Actively engage in an on-site position assessment (client interviews and metric review) to determine current status and risk of the account/system and establish regularly scheduled calls/meetings (led by operations) to communicate progress and next steps.
- Participating in and leading/facilitating the RFP process as the subject matter expert in RFP response specifically at retention client sites.
- Engaging directly with the leadership at the client site cultivating performance-based relationships focused on needs identification, execution issues and retention risk.
- Close coordination with Regional operating teams
- Completing and leading the sales process (Blue Sheet) and driving to predictive trend analysis, formal application of account diagnostics, proposal development, customer presentations, client relationship development, client contract negotiations, and maintaining an effective electronic account management data base
- Lead and participate in Major Pursuit processes with cross lines of business to determine best solution for client retention.
- Develop internal deal approval documents to obtain company approval for renewals.
- Work directly with Business resource center to develop proposal documents
- Candidates must be able to anticipate and communicate potential obstacles/challenges/issues at the client sites that could adversely impact our ability to retain the account and partner with account operations leadership/Regional Operations Team in developing and executing customized retention strategies; while successfully communicating the differential advantages of a partnership with Aramark. Short turnaround times require extraordinary urgency.
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Possess a consultative, customer centric selling philosophy
- Demonstrate the ability to build alliances and influence key decision makers, both internally and externally, without formal authority
- Managing customer relationships through creative problem solving and customer savvy
- Market awareness in healthcare
- Operational acumen and savvy including pro-forma development
- Organizational ability to apply performance metrics and operational results to identify accounts at-risk and opportunities for growth
- Excellent written, and oral communication skills
- Poised and sharp presentation skills
- Team selling orientation and leadership skills in a non-reporting environment
- BA/BS Degree from an accredited university/college
- A minimum of five (5) years of account management or sales related experience
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is required
- Previous experience in contract-managed services is preferred
- Demonstrable experience in engaging with and effectively presenting to senior leadership is required
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Associated topics: analyst, b2c, b2e, business intelligence, channel partner, franchise owner, mba, sales, strategy, territory manager