The Arcof Genesee Orleans is more than an agency, organization or service provider; it's a true community. Our mission is to not onlyencourageeveryone we serve to reach their fullest individual potentialbut to become a part of a greater community. Our holistic approach includes empowerment, advocacy, teamwork, participation, outreach and valuing diversity.
The Arc of Genesee Orleans is looking for dedicated people who want to make a difference in the lives of others. We want employees who are caring, responsible, honest, eager to learn, and are good communicators.
We are currently accepting applications for aSelf Determination Assistant.Applicants will be contacted when an opportunity becomes available.
Main Function:Provides program participants with training, support, monitoring, supervision, counseling and transportation in a variety of community, residential, vocational and recreational settings.
- Batavia area: (2) part-time positions at 20 hrs/week
- Corfu area: 1 part-time position, 15 hrs/week
- Rushford area: 1 part-time position, 10 hrs/week
- Darien area: 1 part-time position, 10 hrs/week
- Byron area: 1 part-time position, 20 hrs/week
- Orleans County: Several relief (per diem) positions available
- Reads, understands the Individual Service Plan. Assists in providing data for the development of Individual Service Plan, as requested.
- Monitors the safety and security of each individual's living/working/social environment as applicable.
- Completes and maintains proper documentation and record keeping
- Transport people we serve as required and complete daily van inspection for cleanliness and safety.
- Participates in all required and scheduled trainings and meetings.
- Encourages and promotes individual's independence and development of natural supports.
- Assists in the development and implementation of self-management techniques and behavior support techniques.
- Assists participants with monitoring personal appearance and hygiene. Will be required to assist with daily living skills as needed; i.e. assisting with toileting and/or changing depends, which may include lifting and transferring the people we serve.
- Provide support in reading & writing and support and training in time management, mobility, and other community living skills.
- Provide support, training and monitoring of individual's household/environment as applicable to include assisting with the organization of belongings, the performance of household chores, assistance with food planning, preparation and storage, and other daily living skills.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Current NYS Drivers' License with an acceptable driving record as determined by the agency (to be a driver for Arc GO, you must have a license for 3 years, be at least 20 years old, and have an acceptable driving record per agency policy).
- Must be able to provide personal vehicle insurance that meets agency requirements (liability is $100,000/$300,000).
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
We have many rewarding opportunities available and an attractive benefits packagefor part-time staff including:
- Generous Paid Time Off and sick time
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401K w/ Agency Match
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Disability, Cancer, and Accident Insurance
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- NYS Disability Insurance
- Education Aid Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
Come Join Our Team!Job Posted by ApplicantPro