- $107,040.00 -160,420.00/year*
10 Bayside Terrace
The Software Engineer IV develops, implements, and maintains software solutions that enable business operations to realize company goals & objectives. The incumbent performs analysis, design, coding, debugging, testing, and support of software applications. May be assigned to develop new applications/systems, enhance/upgrade existing systems or provide production support. He/she works independently on moderately complex projects, receiving only general direction. May provide assistance and direction to less experienced peers.
This resource will be working with the insurance company's Policy Writer application (Sapiens Policy Pro), a configuration engine to build screens and databases, create fields, create tables, select policy levels, coverages, data types, define rules, the system does create XSL code which needs to be modified occasionally.
- Works with the Agile Program Manager (APM), Digital Product Manager (DPM), and Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to accurately capture stakeholder requests and system specifications and translate them into engineering artifacts, which typically include design specifications, source code, test scripts and test results.
- Coordinates with software architects and Software engineer IVs to ensure that the engineering realization is in accordance with Enterprise Architecture principles and software development best practices.
- As part of Agile teams, completes software development work which includes application design, coding, code review and testing. Keeps Agile team and APM apprised of project status.
- Offers suggestions to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project and program objectives.
- Manages engineering risks by proactively tracking and communicating issues, and devising methods to mitigating them.
- Liaises with other project and program areas to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues.
- Supports business units in the resolution of in-depth user questions and issues following production support process and SLAs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technology and software engineering standards, practices and tools.
- Provides input to APM/DPM in creation of Product Roadmap, High Level Estimates
- Collaborates with IT management to define and develop documentation & engineering artifact standards, guidelines, processes, and templates.
- Advanced knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of highly specialized software engineering best practices, methods & techniques.
- Extensive experience in developing software applications on the assigned technology platform.
- Extensive knowledge on source code change management and related tools.
- Knowledge and experience using agile software development principles, process and tools..
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills in order to provide end user/business owner systems support.
- Knowledge of production support processes such as incident and problem management techniques.
XML / XSLT
SQL Query Knowledge / Ability to read and understand data in a database
SOAP/REST Services Consumption
Configuration experience such as Pega, Guidewire, PolicyWriter or other configurable systems
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, and Australia, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
Associated topics: .net, application, develop, developer, java, matlab, php, software developer, software engineer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...