Area 1 Security s sole focus is to stop phishing attacks on our customers. Our team builds new technologies that protect millions of people from cyber-attacks. We aspire and succeed to reach far beyond today s security market.
The Region Manager will run sales cycles, beginning to end, in their territory. Cybersecurity is a complex and serious topic; yet the industry is crowded with companies that contribute to this noise, strike a message of fear instead of optimism and further exacerbate the situation for organizations large and small by instilling confusion instead of clarity. You ll find that Area 1 approaches the security space in a unique way to show that we have solutions and tools to succeed in protecting companies from targeted phishing campaigns.
No textbook will prepare you for this. We are walking down a road never traveled it makes all the difference. Be prepared to be the CEO of your own territory and all that comes with it.
YOU ARE GREAT AT:
- The Regional Manager is responsible for prospecting into a set of geographic accounts with a focus on Fortune 500 companies.
- Critical to this role will be to build strong relationships with CISOs and other C- level executives.
- Create a sales pipeline of qualified customers to evaluate and identify Area 1 product as solution to their business problems.
- Foster partner/reseller relationships and develop deal management within the territory. This plays a large part in a successful territory strategy.
- Provide sales expertise and real-life experience in creating solutions and designing proof-of-value implementations.
- Collect valuable feedback from prospects and customers in the field and report that information back to our product and engineering teams.
- Conduct research and use knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections.
- Assist GTM initiatives to develop and implement specific content and account penetration strategies.
- Work closely with your SE counterparts on providing effective solutions.
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years industry experience in sales.
- 10+ years of experience selling complex/technical systems or solutions.
- Sales background in messaging and internet security principles.
- A thorough understanding of the cyber security sales models.
- Basic understanding of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.).
- Prior experience in selling software to Fortune 500 or other large companies.
- Must have a good understanding of the sales process and the roles and responsibilities of an Account Executive.
- Strong sales presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to effectively communicate our value proposition to an executive audience, as well as relay feedback from the field to our product team. This includes the ability uncover business challenges and architect a solution to solve customer business issues.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to work independently, adapt quickly, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Experience in working in a remote office.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Must live in the north eastern region of the US
- A culture you ll love. Our #1 principle is Work Hard and Be Kind.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen with snacks and breakfast items.
- Quarterly performance check-ins and incentives. Great work is rewarded!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Open vacation policy and 12 corporate holidays.
- Stay healthy with our fully funded One Medical membership for you and your dependents.
- 401k plan.
- Commuter benefits.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- Anniversary and performance awards.
- Pets welcome!
- Fun events for employees, friends, and family!
Area 1 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*To all recruitment agencies:* Area 1 Security does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Area 1 Security employees or any other company location. Area 1 Security is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.