Information Technology Specialist (25B)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
25B Information Technology Specialist
Job ID: 1156009
Job Views: 164
Location: WOODBRIDGE, New Jersey, United States
ZIP Code: 07095
Job Category: Technology and Networking
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
If you've ever considered a job in IT, become an Information Technology Specialist in the Army National Guard and expand your skills and experience with complex technologies. In this role, you will be responsible for sending, receiving, and processing messages and data on the Guard's sophisticated networks. You will also maintain and troubleshoot the systems that support the military's logistics and classified data, and build firewalls that can withstand any attempted cyberattack.
* Maintenance of networks, hardware, and software
* Provide customer and network administration services
* Construct, edit, and test computer programs
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Use of computer consoles and peripheral equipment
* Computer systems concepts
* Planning, designing, and testing computer systems
* Interest in computer science
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Experience in installation of computers
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career working as a network support technician, data processing technician, or computer programmer in just about any company that uses computers.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an Information Technology Specialist consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT) with classroom instruction.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Loading some great jobs for you...