At Arup, we are dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the 2nd Avenue Subway in New York City. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary teamwork. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 16,000 creative minds. We are searching for those rare individuals who are as smart and visionary as they are bold. If this sounds like you read on.
We're currently looking for a Senior Project Commercial Manager to join our team to work on various projects in the New York City office and support projects across the region, including large design-build and P3 infrastructure projects. You will provide strong commercial support to project managers, directors and business administrators. You will be reporting to our Infrastructure Practice Leader and help oversee our current Project Commercial team in the New York office as well as staff in other East Coast locations. Travel to other offices will be required on occasion.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
* Assist and mentor PD's, PM's and team in the implementation of sound commercial management processes to ensure project commercial goals are achieved
* Responsible for the effective performance of the Americas region east coast commercial management/project controls team.
* Develop, refine and manage commercial management policies and procedures for projects.
* Coordinate resourcing of projects and utilization of staff within the team along with work sharing across the Region to maximize utilization
* Ensure consistency of commercial approach across project bids and adherence to bidding guidelines and bid procedures, prepare material for decision to bid and bid reviews.
* Utilize financial system to review, monitor and analyze financial performance, project costs and other performance parameters, assist in determining corrective actions to address poor financial performance.
* Prepare WBS and budgets, coordinate and integrate with schedule
* Track actuals against budgets, conduct variance analyses, carry out reporting of project financials and respond to queries from project teams and company executives on performance issues
* Update project forecasts on a regular basis to ensure current and accurate reporting of project performance
* Assist in monitoring and managing scope changes; maintaining change and risk registers, preparing fee proposals and contract change orders
* Carry out Earned Value reporting; cash flow forecasting and monitoring
* Oversee preparation and issuing of monthly client invoices and monitoring accounts receivable
* Contract Administration: assist in checking compliance with contract requirements; prepare various monthly client reports; deal with any project specific insurance requirements
* Sub-contractor management: assist with commercial management of subs including preparation of sub agreements, tracking costs, and reviewing invoices and payments
* Carry out project financial close out and assist with client and sub consultants feedback and audits
* Support the firm's compliance in maintaining ISO and OHSAS requirements
The Qualified professional will have:
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering, construction management, or similar field.
* PMP certification or equivalent
* Minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience in design or construction industry on major projects. Experience on large infrastructure projects preferred.
* Commercial management background and significant experience in project controls approaches, tools, methodology and systems.
* Significant experience of project contractual matters, earned value analysis, change management and project procurement methods.
* Contract and change management negotiation experience with clients and contractors
* Proven track record of successful commercial management of projects
* Strong interpersonal, skills essential for team-based working
* Ability to relate and work well with the team and people at all levels within the region, as well as externally with clients.
* Must have solid analytical and reasoning skills and proven ability to develop solutions to complex problems
* Have an advanced knowledge of Excel, data manipulation and spreadsheet design to communicate results
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401K Match, time off and profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.