As a hometown specialty retailer, maurices is deeply committed to bringing affordable, versatile, and flattering fashion in sizes 2-24 to real women, living real lives in small towns across North America. We inspire women of all ages to look and feel their best - just as they are. With 1,000 stores across North America, we've earned our reputation as a leader in hometown fashion. The true secret to our success is deeply rooted in our commitment to our values.
Whether you're in the hallways of our home office or in our stores, you'll find that our associates are friendly and genuine. At Justice, we collaborate. We communicate honestly. We set trends. We work hard, speak up, and have fun. We celebrate our accomplishments and recognize our peers. We give back. And we eat dinner with our families. Every day, we make a positive difference in the lives of our tween girl and our coworkers. We're the difference between liking your job and loving it.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Associate Concept Designer to join our team located at our Maurices NYC Dsgn Off-maurices-New York, NY 10011.
Assist Concept Manager with research, and support setting up presentation of apparel and accessory trend and color direction for the brand, seasonally and by floor set date.
* Assist with market research, help identify and edit fashion and color trend information via runway shows, forecasting services, magazines, and the internet that is brand right. Aid in communication information to respective teams.
* Actively participate in maintaining a customer focused mindset, always seeking to know the customer better to deliver brand right concept direction.
* Pull inspiration imagery and assist in the building of mood boards, and trend materials.
* Utilize trend analysis, best/worst selling reports, color performance, and consumer behavior in the development of future trends in partnership with the Concept Manager.
* Travel domestically and internationally to shop current market trends and attend trade shows and trend presentations as directed.
* Manage concept color process and color library.
* Pull and match color back to rig samples and trend resources to build palettes by zone and floor set.
* Communicate palette changes and updates to cross functional team members.
* Manage distribution of seasonal color palettes.
* Facilitate trend presentation materials and publications as directed by Concept Manager.
Partnership and Collaboration
* Strategize with Concept Manager, Design VP's, Designers, and Merchant partners to solidify seasonal brand point of view for trends, bid ideas, and key items.
Work Experience and Education Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design or a related field
* 3-4 years' experience in one or more of the following positions preferred: Fashion design, product development, trend analyst, merchandising, buying
* Creative and innovative: strong fashion sense and ability to adapt trends to the brand
* Ability to provide information, recommendations, and communicate Concept Manager's direction to Design, Product Development, and Merchants to influence trend and buying decisions.
* Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
* Team player
* Ability to take direction and adapt to business needs
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Detail oriented
* Solution based thinker
* Manage and leverage relationships with cross-functional teams both internally and externally.
* Effectively manage cross-functional relationships, providing leadership, exhibiting influence and expertise to positively affect results.
Maurices NYC Dsgn Off-maurices-New York, NY 10011Position Type:Regular/Full timeEqual Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all employment decisions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under applicable law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.
The Company welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the application process.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the Company unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable law.
Associated topics: design, designer, esthetic, esthetician, fashion, fashion design, stylist