Brand Overview:ascena retail group, inc. is a leading national specialty retailer offering apparel, shoes, and accessories for women under the Premium Fashion segment (Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey), Value Fashion segment (maurices and dressbarn), Plus Fashion segment (Lane Bryant and Catherines), and for tween girls under the Kids Fashion segment (Justice). ascena retail group, inc. operates ecommerce websites and approximately 4,800 stores throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Associate Planner, Ann Inc. to join our team located at our Times Square Tower-ANN-New York, NY 10036.
About the Position
The Associate Planner builds financial sales, gross margin and inventory plans for departments in a given area at a multichannel level. The Associate Planner will also use analytics to make client focused business decisions to achieve sales, margin and turn across both channels. In partnership with their Manager, this person will manage and plan merchandise inventory positions and markdown strategies to drive departmental sales, inventory, profit and turnover objectives. Provides in-season financial projections and strategies. Identifies risks and opportunities to maximize profits. Contribute to projects resulting in improved departmental systems and efficiencies.
* Develop, consolidate and communicate a comprehensive pre-season planning strategy for cross channel inventory movement that identifies opportunities and risks
* Reforecast business in-season based on current performance, present revised projections and recommendations to cross-functional partners and senior leadership
* Ensure that each channel is planned and managed at appropriate growth rates and inventory is proactively managed
* Provide Merchants with analytics to support assortment decisions by channel and develop promotional and markdown strategies to maximize profitability and sales
* Analyze promotional effectiveness and make future recommendation
* Participate in all aspects of line building process with Merchandising Lead or participate in department projects to improve systems or efficiencies
* Partner with cross-functional teams to communicate division level financial merchandising plans that support the seasonal financial objectives
* Strategize, develop and present seasonal key item plans that support sales and GM goals for stores and .com
* Identify and communicate potential inventory liabilities and drive appropriate actions to resolution
* Participate in developing processes that build efficiencies and streamline work streams
* Use retail financial measurements to evaluate short-term and long-term impacts of business decisions
* Analyze quarterly hindsight
* 2-4 years of retail buying, planning or financial analysis experience
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
* E-Commerce experience is strongly preferred
* Results driven; strategic, conceptual and innovative thinker
* Expert command of retail math concepts, applications and statistical analysis
* Posses strong communication skills to partner effectively with cross-functional partners
* Ability to develop realistic work plans, goals and schedules
* Detail oriented, with excellent follow-through skills
* Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work productively in a team environment
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Location:Times Square Tower-ANN-New York, NY 10036Position Type:Regular/Full time
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.