Brand Overview:ascena retail group, inc. is a leading national specialty retailer offering apparel, shoes, and accessories for women under the Premium Fashion segment (Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey), Value Fashion segment (maurices and dressbarn), Plus Fashion segment (Lane Bryant and Catherines), and for tween girls under the Kids Fashion segment (Justice). ascena retail group, inc. operates ecommerce websites and approximately 4,800 stores throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Designer, Sportswear - Ann Taylor to join our team located at our Times Square Tower-ANN-New York, NY 10036.
About Ann Taylor:
At Ann Taylor, we see beauty in a woman's real life. From simple pleasures to more momentous occasions, the life she lives offers far more allure than any fantasy. She cultivates it with careful thought and curiosity, choosing only what feels right and rings true. She has the courage to know who she is. And she knows we know her too. Along the way, we've been a constant source of inspiration and style, helping her look and feel her best at every moment. It's something we try to do with everything we create: elevate her everyday, every day.
We give her a wardrobe of possibilities.
Endless style options. Versatility for big days and every-days.
We give her quality that sets us apart.
It's in the details. We take a curated approach and a sharp eye to everything we do. It's about thoughtful choices that make great pieces forever pieces. Because the details are not just the details. They are the design.
We give her perfect pieces.
The elements of an enduring wardrobe. Clothes she can't live without. Timeless. Infinitely wearable. She knows she'll always find them here.
About the Position:
The Designer executes the design process from conception to final prototype for assigned product(s). Is fully responsible for entire product design process to include market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, specing and fit. Demonstrates the company's Values & Practices by maintaining effective collaborative relationships, taking pride in the company and brands, and embracing diversity.
* Partner with Merchandising team to set seasonal framework and ensure creative ideas and business goals are in tandem
* Collaborate with Senior Designer/Director on seasonal fabric and yarn direction, working with Product Development on research and development of qualities
* Maintain daily communication with Merchandising, Product Development, Production and Technical Design teams regarding ? QA results and development issues
* Research global, domestic and competitive markets to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques
* Create and execute the vision
* Accountable for departmental financial/sales goals
* Ensure that product is consistent with market trends while maintaining the brand identity and business strategy
* Execute silhouette, fit and styling direction
* Attend all fittings and provide input in the direction of fit
* Adhere to cross-functional calendar and attend all meetings as required
* Pre-merchandise the line when designing the season's collection
* People Management:
* Responsible for the selection, development and retention of team members
* Mentor, coach and counsel direct reports on performance expectations
* Provide a positive, challenging work environment
* Recognize and reward talent and accomplishments of direct reports
* BA, Associates degree, or equivalent with 4-6 years of experience, all within Design
* Creative and innovative sketching, design and conceptualization skills
* Ability to design around concepts
* Strong knowledge and understanding of product/client and ability to deduce/make decisions based on new information and changing trends
* Outstanding sense of style and color
* Thorough knowledge of fabrication, silhouettes, color ways, construction techniques and trim
* Outstanding leadership and managerial skills
* Ability to build collaborative relationships across departments and divisions
* Flexible/adaptable in a fast paced environment
* Highly organized with capacity to anticipate change based on events
* Outstanding communication, presentation and persuasion skills
* Good understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment
* Execution to timelines and delivery of timely solutions
* Global travel and ability to source European and Asian markets
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Application, Illustrator (expected to use them daily to perform work)
Location:Times Square Tower-ANN-New York, NY 10036Position Type:Regular/Full time
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate