The Call Center Representative I reports to the Customer Service Supervisors and is responsible for providing Athens clients and residents of surrounding communities with a resource for insuring exceptional service, answering inquiries, fulfilling requests, maintain/update database records and resolving concerns or complaints.
Call Center Representative I requires exceptional understanding of our customer community contract benefits, city ordinances, billing database, and the ability to soft collect and enroll customers into payment options during calls. The upselling of additional services is required when dealing with extra fees, extra pick-ups, and executing within contract parameters. Multi-tasking and accurate detail are critical to success of this role. Must be able to identify revenue and collection opportunities and execute during the call based on customer profile.
Essential Job Functions
- Primary function is to handle Service calls, soft collect, and present payments options.
- Secondary responsibility is to handle billing payments enhancing web pay customer base, with additional responsibility to fully set up new customers with all options during the first call transaction.
- Determines requirements by working with customer profile, requires detail based on challenge and present alternative solutions to customers.
- Must be well versed in company billing database and payment options to satisfactorily resolve customer and company requirements.
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Up-Sells additional services by recognizing opportunities to up-sell accounts; explaining new services, charges for additional equipment, extra service requests, etc.
- Requires impeccable documentation skills keeping the customer well informed and accurate notes in database system.
- Updates and maintains call center database by entering information on every call.
- Serves as an on-site resource for customers as well as Athens sales and operations personnel.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, attends mandatory training to enhance system and equipment knowledge and selling skills.
- Enhances career by accepting ownership of accomplishing new and different projects.
- Greet customers and residents in a professional & courteous manner.
- Meets or exceeds service quality and productivity goals set for the position.
- Attends various city events as Company representative.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience in a high volume Call Center is required.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Strong multitasking abilities and high detail is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proficient in building trusting relationships with customers and being attentive to their needs.
- Customer focused and exceptional listening abilities.
- Data entry by touch and typing proficiency of 45 wpm.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to effectively make quick sound decisions.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Work experience in the waste or transportation industry.
- Sitting, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, calculating, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination, fingering (typing), handling, & wrist motion continuously.
- Bending, reaching, stretching, standing, & walking occasionally.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, & noise occasionally.
- Exposure to grease, oil, chemicals, & wet conditions occasionally.
- Works inside only. Position considered office only.
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran
Associated topics: answer, associate, call center associate, call center specialist, client service, product support, service, service agent, technical assistant, technical support