Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation?
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
We are currently seeking an Engineer - Automation Systems for an Operational Technology (OT) Position located at our Latrobe, PA Melt Facility. The position includes responsibility for computer systems implemented as mission critical automation and control systems in an industrial environment. This position is in our technical career ladder reporting to the Melt Shop Automation Project Team Manager. This position will initially focus on the development and commissioning of a complete automation upgrade of the melt shop. Once the automation project is complete, the focus of this position will shift to continuous improvement and problem solving efforts.
* Participation in world class safety program. * Participate on capital projects as needed. * Architect, modify and maintain mission critical automation computer systems. * Lead/participate in problem-solving activities; engineer and implement solutions. * Lead/participate in the design, implementation, testing, commissioning, and evaluation of new, computer-based automation systems. This included the responsibility to manage projects and other resources. * Interact with internal staff and shop floor personnel, as required, in the performance of job responsibilities. * Share 24 hour, 7 day, on-call support responsibilities on a rotating basis with existing staff. * Maintain and enhance system documentation.
Technical skills associated with this position:
* Integrated system design, administration and maintenance in an industrial environment. * SQL Server and Oracle database programming & administration. * Familiarity with interfaces to Level I (PLC), control systems, MES systems and business systems. * Understanding of process automation network infrastructures, security, firewalls, and reliability. * Programming using Object Oriented Programming tools (e.g., C++, C#, Java, .NET). * Configuration, administration, maintenance, and upgrade of Wintel PC & Server hardware/software. * Web page development/maintenance/administration. * Apache or IIS development/maintenance/administration. * Administration and maintenance of VMWare/HyperV-virtual machines, PC&A domains and Active Directory, Unix-based systems, DEC VMS, OS/2 systems, or DOS systems. * Programming/administration using PowerShell, REXX, VB, Visual Studio, Delphi, and ColdFusion. * Code management/collaboration tools (SVN). * Understanding of SPC and Andon technology. * Proficiency with MS Office 2010 or newer. * TCP/IP. * Interfaces. * It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent from an accredited college/university.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
* A full commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
A high degree of technical skills corresponding to the candidate experience level. * The ability to provide technical leadership in the automation systems area. * Strong personal initiative (\"self starter\"). * A structured approach to problem solving and maintaining systems with the associated attention to detail and reliability. * Basic project management skills.
Area of Interest
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, system specialist, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.