The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter and sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity and original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, and global affairs to technology, science, and culture. As the third-longest-running magazine in America, we find ourselves at a remarkable moment: one of both continuation and transformation, of upholding our legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves for the future.
To that end, we're looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Product Manager to join our team in this moment of rapid expansion and growth.You will be instrumental in building out our critical consumer revenue strategy and growing our paying subscriber base. The role will be highly data-driven, working closely with our data science, consumer marketing and engineering teams. You will analyze and optimize conversion funnels, identify opportunities to test and experiment along the way.
You must be passionate about creating great customer experiences. We need a customer advocate who champions our readers' needs and prizes excellent product experiences. You also must have a passion for high quality news products. We're looking for a product leader who is excited by the challenge of crafting a plan to reach our ambitious goals as we explore new revenue models and who can guide iteration on our products along the way.
Your responsibilities Include:
* Leading the strategy for our consumer revenue product line and serving as internal expert on the state of the digital subscriptions industry
* Establishing a shared vision and roadmap with vital stakeholders and partners
* Defining and analyzing metrics of success to inform product development decisions
* Managing the product lifecycle from concept through launch; identifying opportunities for ongoing improvements
* Identifying new areas for product development and leading experimentation, both A/B testing and user testing, within them
* Translating organizational objectives into tactical projects and requirements, then partnering closely with design and engineering to lead the development process
* Conducting needs assessments, competitive research, user research and market analysis
Qualifications for you to have:
* 6+ years experience in marketing or eCommerce product development, with a focus on digital subscriptions
* Creative problem solver with solid analytical and research skills
* Demonstrated ability leading cross-functional teams
* Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to converse with business, editorial and technology teams along with senior management
* Candidates with experience working in media strongly preferred
* Bachelor's degree required, MBA is a plus
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two \"pillar gifts\" in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions:
* Force of Intellect ? a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in remarkable academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
* Spirit of Generosity ? a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task